Cindy's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nailtk

Cindy's Daily Check In

Post by nailtk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Well, today is the first day of the "No S Diet"......I was a bit hungry mid-morning but somehow got through it. I want to succeed! I am tired of counting calories, carbs and whatever other ridiculous things that they have you track. We shall see how it goes! .........Ready.......set.............GO! :D
Cindy H.

nailtk

Cindy's Daily Check In

Post by nailtk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm

Well, let's see what today brings........this is the second day of the No "S" Diet. The first day went well.......hopefully I can go forward without any problems. :)
Cindy H.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Welcome and you'll love No S!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Welcome Cindy! You will LOVE NoS, as I'm sure you suspect by now from everyone's comments. It's simple and it works. From someone who has been yo-yo dieting on and off pretty much since my teens, I have found this to be the ONLY eating solution that has removed my *diet head*. The angst is gone, along with the constant head chattering, debating, guilt, and beating up - they all have ceased. What could be better than that? They have been replaced by a peaceful demeanor and a calm relationship with food. This part of NoS is the most important to me - the weight loss is wonderful too, don't get me wrong, but clearing out the diet personality means more.
I am slowly, but surely, losing weight - about 5.5 pounds since April 30. I'm older, and not extreme with my eating. I've been eating *real* food - no low fat-no fat stuff, and I enjoy my S's on the weekends. I only weigh at the first of the month, so I won't know about my July success until the start of August. A year from now I expect to weigh about 30-couple pounds less. I don't care how long it takes - I'll let my body be the judge of that!
I wish you the same type of success with NoS as you've been reading about. Visit the boards often and we'll help you along with your journey. Good luck!

Mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 am

Welcome Cindy. I hope you find No S as beneficial as the rest of us here do. Good to have you on the forum.