Karen's Daily Check in.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KareBear

Karen's Daily Check in.

Post by KareBear » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 am

SUCCESS! Day 1, but I have been attempting to No S, for awhile now. Have a hard time creating the habit. Hope this helps
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Day 2: Forgot to write yesterday but it was a SUCCESS. So far on day 3 I am on target. I'll write more later.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:10 am

Day 3: Success :lol: Breakfast was a bagel, banana and milk. Lunch was McDonalds. What can I say, I am a little PMS'd. Dinner was a PBJ and cheeze its. Only what was on my plate. Plus I exercised to day and worked around the house most the day. Today was a good day.[/img]
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Day 4: N day = Going camping today. Hoping I have the resolve to say No at the campfire tonight. It should be okay since Sat and Sun are coming up. I'm gonna put a smiley face here and be optimistic. Also, I will not have access to a computer. :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 am

Days: 5 & 6: These were S days, so they were successful. Does anyone else get a little nervous the day before the N days start? I am continuing to hold positive thoughts. I am also taking the advice mentioned on this site and not weighing myself for 21 days. I will start that tomorrow since I have a doctors appt. and they usually weigh you...ug. :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Day 7: :lol: And I went for a run/walk for 1 hour. Had a salad and a turkey taco for dinner and was tempted to snack at all.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 am

Day 8: :lol: SUCCESS. Exercised this morning and have had a good breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not feeling the greatest so I kinda want to snack but I hope to go to bed soon so I will avoid it.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Wednesday, NS day
Breakfast: Bagel w/peanutbutter, 1 cup of milk
Lunch: Chicken Rice Burrito with Salsa and some Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
Dinner: Not sure yet, It might be cereal.

Exercise: 1 hour of cardio

:lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Day 10: :lol: Even though I stayed on track today, I am feeling the need to modify the No S. Still thinking about it.
Breakfast was 2 eggs with toast.
Lunch was Carl Jr's. I made a good choice and had a grilled chicken sandwhich with fries. Did not finish the sandwhich but finished the fries.
Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 am

Day 11: No S Day and I was successful. I so glad the weekend is here. Especially since I got laid off from my job today. Need some time to decompress.

Day 12 & 13 were good too. I went for a 4.5 mile run on Saturday and that felt really good. Looking forward to going back to No-S days on Monday.

Day 14: So far so good. Breakfast was a slimfast bar and milk. I really like those. Lunch was a plate of taco salad. Not sure what i am going to have for dinner though.

Exercised for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Starting again, again!

Post by KareBear » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm

How easy is this diet? So easy and yet I feel like a total loser when I cannot even stick to this one. This time, I am going to be nicer to myself b/c it is the negative self talk that seems to derail me. So, even if I fall off the wagon, I must get back on. I have 25 pounds to lose and no time frame but would like to have control of my eating and a better relationship with food overall. Food should just be food and nothing else. So here goes. Day 1, again. Check in later.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Day 1: Success
I had a WW muffin and banana for breakfast, Chicken, veggies and chips for lunch (was craving chips) and for dinner I had a plate of Lite Ceaser Salad and a piece of Texas Toast.

I did not run yesterday but the weather was horrible. So I set my timer for an hour and cleaned house for that time.

Day 2: So far so good. I had a bagel and banana for breakfast. I am not sure what I am having for lunch or dinner yet. But since I have been having problems sleeping, I am going to run tonight to see if that helps. I am tired of being tired, ya know.

I do consider myself quite successful for not buying any discounted Easter candy. Something I usually do. I told myself to wait until this weekend and if I felt like I wanted some chocolate, to buy a single serving. Thank goodness I listened to myself this time...whew. :lol:

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:05 am

Day 3 ( of 4th or 5th try) SUCCESS

Today started with a bagel and banana. I had a volunteer lunchen at my youngest sons school so I wanted to get some exercise in. So I ended up walking to an appointment, then walking to the school (about an 1 in total). I thought it was a lunch when in fact it was a TEA. I don't care for TEA and they also had things that went along with Tea, lots of cookies and tarts and such. But I was starving. So I had a few sweets but only on my 1 plate. Then walked my son home, all uphill.

For dinner I had a plate of Nachos. So, even though I cannot count it as a 100% successful day, I am b/c I ate what I could and did not over indulge.

Go ME! 8)
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Day 4: Success

I am super tired today and have no motivation to exercise. It is just not happening. But I did discover something cool today...Fiber Bran cereal. I really like it. Have it with a banana and it's a perfect breakfast for me.

For Lunch my husband and I went out and split a plate of chicken & rice.

Dinner: Not sure yet.

I am looking forward to my S days. I am almost there.

:?
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:32 am

Day 5: Success

For breakfast I had a banana and then I went for a long run. 1 hour and walked for 30 additional minutes. When I got home I had a glass of milk and went outside and did yard work for almost 2 hours.

For lunch I went to Burger King and had a chicken sandwhich and fries.

Went to a movie tonight with the hubby and did not have any snacks. Though I really wanted too. I reminded myself that tomorrow is my S day and I can have a snack then.

When I got home I was really hungry. It's late but I wanted something. So I had some Fiber Bran cereal and then some baked potato sticks. Had a glass of milk too. I think today was very successful. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:31 pm

I am so excited for my 2 S days. And even though I did not have to, I went for a nice run this morning and now I am enjoying my day. I love this program.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Well here I am on day number 8 (try #4?). I am feeling a little stuffed from this weekend. Even though I did not really overdue it, I still I went a little crazy yesterday. BUT, I am really wanting to do this for the long haul so from what I read, my over indulgence on S days should wain right? Hope so. I am looking forward to today and plan on exercising. I even have a sledgehammer that I have been wanting to try. My back is still a little out of it today so I am not sure if I should try or not. Well see.

Breakfast today was my standard. Bagel and milk.

I love having milk between meals if I am hungry. Yum Yum. I'll check back later.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Tuesday the 13th - So far so good. I had 1/2 a bagel and Fiber One cereal for breakfast. For lunch I met my hubby @ Costco and had 1 slice of pizza. For dinner I am planning on having a salad.

I am not sure about exercise today. My arms are sore from yesterdays Shovelglove and I don't think I will be able to get a run in but I might walk. I was reading some of the Urban Ranger posts and that looks like something I can do. On my non-running days, I should be walking. So we will see if I can fit that in today.

All in all, things are going well. I am not going to weigh myself until day 21. And then I will post my starting weight and current weight like I have seen in other peoples posts. I know it should not be about the number but it is still encouraging to see peoples steady losses. I am continuing to keep a positive attitude and am being nicer to myself which a big battle for me. :D
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 pm

April 14th- Last night was a HUGE SUCCESS for me.

Not only did I have my salad and really enjoyed it (if you knew me, you would be surprised) but I met a friend at the movies and she offered to buy popcorn for us to share. I said that I was not snacking but please go ahead. We ended up not buying the popcorn and enjoying the movie. Even more, I enjoyed knowing that I made a very good choice! Go me!

I did manage to get a little walk in yesterday and did about an hour of house cleaning, so that will have to do. Today I plan on doing a longer run and Shovelglove. I cannot believe it is already Wednesday.

Not sure what I am going to have for breakfast, maybe cereal and 1/2 a bagel. Lunch will be a sandwhich and salad and dinner will be porkchops with corn.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:23 pm

April 15th- Well I am actually posting about yesterday, Wednesday. I had a good exercise day. I ran for about 50 minutes and walked for 30 minutes. I completely forgot to do the Shovelglove...oops.

For breakfast I had 1/2 a bagel and cereal and for lunch I had a sandwhich and chips. Dinner I had a small plate of Pork Chop, corn and stuffing. I specifically did not put much on my plate b/c I knew that I would be going to Bible Study and that there would be snacks there. I wanted to give myself the option of having a little, which I did.

Today, has been really good so far. Ran for 50 minutes and walked for 40 minutes. I had a slimfast bar for breakfast and a grilled chicken sandwhich for lunch. I don't know what I am going to have for dinner yet. Seems to usually be the case. We have lots of left overs here so I have lots to pick from.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Totally blew it yesterday evening. I am not sure what happened but I do know it involved quite a few Wheat Thins (at least they were the reduced fat kind) 3 york peppermint patties and some ice cream. Not sure what was going on in my head but I was feeling like snacking.

Today is a new day and even though I goofed yesterday, I plan on staying on track today. I am not planning a run today as my back is sore and my left leg feels funny so maybe I will get some yard work in?

Tomorrow is my S day but not sure if I will take if after last night. Still thinking about it. I am glad it is the weekend but wish I could sleep better. :( :(
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:29 am

Had a pretty good S day weekend. Except that I really went overboard yesterday so today I have kept myself under control. I am really hoping for a good week this week. Planning on exercising Monday - Friday.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Morning, Stubby. Looks like we are both doing good. I am behaiving so far on this Monday morning and just getting ready to go for a walk. Have a great day no-S'ing!!
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Started Tuesday by running 3 miles and walking 1. I wanted to run all 4 but I did not anticipate being soaking wet half way into the run and I did not wear the right clothes for that. I'm glad I got part of my exercise out of the way. I would like to do Shovelglove this afternoon and maybe a little yoga. Who knows.

This morning I have a doctors appointment so I cannot eat anything until after. I may wait until lunch time, not sure yet but I will post more later. Here's to a green week.

Later that day...

I had a Dr's appoint this morning and I was lower in weight than I thought I would be. I'm going to wait until Friday to weigh and post officially but that was sure motivating. Did not have much breakfast but had a big lunch (out to lunch with hubby). Dinner will be something small as I am not very hungry.

Monday & Tuesday: Success
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 am

Hi, Karen, glad you had a good dr's visit and that your weight was lower than you expected. Woopee!! I went out for a shorter walk than usual because it was COLD out there. I'm such a wimp. Oh, well, at least I did something with myself.
I'm glad we are doing so well and that you reminded me about this program. Bye!!
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Yesterday was successful and I even exercised 2 times. I liked the Yoga. Could feel it in my upper arms.

I have ANOTHER Dr's appointment today. Another weigh in....ugh. But hopefully I will get this stuff figured out.

Not sure what I am eating today. I would like to have a big salad for lunch or dinner. Check back in later.

After my Dr's appointment I had a Slimfast Bar while on my way to the store. Glad I did not go to the store with an empty stomach.

Then I went for a nice long run and felt great. For lunch I had a really big salad with lots of good veggies and a little pork. Odd though, half way through I was really full so I just picked out the veggies I wanted. That was a first for me, not finishing a salad of all things. For dinner I just had a small tuna sandwhich. I did not want to have much b/c I have bible study tonight and I wanted to feel okay to have a snack. :lol:
It's my only MOD and one I feel okay with since I don't overdue it. Have a great night. See you on Thursday.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Okay No S peeps- I am doing my first weigh in tomorrow and really curious to see what my final number will be. No matter what, I am really enjoying the ease and objectivity of the No S diet. I so enjoy not obsessing about food and I know if I get hungry between meals, really hungry, I can have milk.
I am not planning a run today as I really must clean the house and that should take me a solid 2 hours so that will be my exercise today. I will try to get in the shovelglove but so far this week, I have not done it.

For breakfast this morning I am going to have 1/2 a bagel and some fiber bran cereal. Lunch, I am not sure. Dinner, I am going over to a friends house so I am not sure what she is making. I am looking forward to my S days and I am determined not to overdue it this time as I can still remember how I felt last Saturday when I went crazy. I really enjoy reading all the posts and I am daily encouraged to stay the course. Tune in tomorrow for my first weight post....drum roll please...lol.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Good morning to you. Having fun cleaning house? Good idea for exercise. I'm looking forward to your weigh-in day tomorrow too. I'm enjoying this no-S stuff and it doesn't feel too daunting especially when I can look forward to weekends!! :!:
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Okay, so today is the day: I have already gone for a short run so my exercise is out of the way.

I started on April 5th @ 158.8. My current weight is 156. So in that time frame I have lost 2.5.

Would of like to seen more but I will be happy with a loss at all.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Congratulations on your 2.5 weight loss! Good for you. I can hardly wait for tomorrow so I can have some chocolate. Hope I can control myself.
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Found out yesterday I have a thyroid issue and maybe that is why I have been having such a hard time this last year? Don't know. I have to start medication this week so time will tell. I am also on Velscare for a different issue. I can sure tell I am getting older. UG!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi, Karen. Are you sleeping any better now that you have all those new meds? Hope so. Enjoy your weekend - but not toooooo much! :)
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 pm

MONDAY: Ahh, I actually look forward to Monday after my S days. I do go a little overboard but this weekend was a little better than last. So, small victories. I am not sure what my eating plan is today. I did not make it to the store this weekend so I do not have any cereal or bagels. I'll find something.

I know I am going to go for a run this evening when I take my son to soccer. It gives me an hour to run which is great. Now that I am on my thyroid medication I am curious to see what will happen within the next 21 days. Maybe I will loose more than 2.5 pounds. Either way, I am staying with it. Enjoy this lifestyle a lot! Have a good Monday everyone!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Morning, Karen. Oddly enough, I also looked forward to Monday. Strange, huh? Hope you are sleeping better and that the thyroid medicine will enhance your weight loss. Seems we started almost exactly 10 lbs apart (me being the upper lbs of course). I'm enjoying the program and feel really good even if I don't drop a lot of lbs.
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Tuesday: Finally got a good nights sleep last night. Whew, now I am feeling a little more like myself. Not sure how my exercise will turn out today. I have a job interview this morning and a few errands to run after that. By then it will be time to pick up kids and make dinner. Then I am watching a few kids for a friend so that will be my day. Will try to sneak it in somewhere. Want to stay green on my calendar.

Breakfast: Cereal and small bagel.

Lunch: Taco Salad

Dinner: Cheese Burger with chips or wheat thins.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Morning! So glad you finally got a decent night's sleep. Good luck on your job interview. Have a fun day.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Thursday: Almost there. I had cereal and toast this morning for breakfast which was good. I am supposed to go out for lunch today so I am looking forward to that. I went for a very long run yesterday so I will not run today but I may take a long walk. I am making Chicken Pot Pie for dinner, a family favorite and will try to not have too much. I think it's better for me to eat smaller dinners.

Everything is going well. Still loving this lifestyle. :)
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Morning Karen. Have a good lunch out and enjoy the rest of your day. Yep, it's almost the weekend and time to indulge ourselves (a little bit anyway). I might wait until Sat. morning to weigh in since it'll give me Friday's good behavior day. We'll see. TTYL. :lol:

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Yesterday was a success. Except for the exercise. For some reason I was super tired and even fell asleep on the couch. My son had a soccer game at 6:45 so I jump around a little which could be a small form of exercise? I made a nice chicken pot pie yesterday. Waited until 5:00 to eat, put it on my plate and then did not even want it which was weird. So I had a bowl of cereal instead.

Today is Friday and I am planning on running first thing this morning. For lunch I am going to have left overs and don't know about dinner. My hubby and I are going on a date night so I will play that by ear. I bought a candy bar last weekend thinking I would eat it but I did not get around to it. So I have been saving it for this weekend. That is one of my treats I know for sure. I am also going running with my hubby on Saturday which helps me feel good about my S days.

Things are going well and I am starting to feel like I am getting the hang of this. I do love not obsessing so much about food. In 6 months time, I imagine I will feel even better. :wink:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey Karen! Don't like the tired bit but hope everything is feeling OK today. I'm really enjoying the No S'ing and am so happy that you recommended it. Got to go check in for the day so TTYL. :D

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon May 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Man am I glad to see Monday. Went a little crazy this weekend as I had my girlfriend down for the day/night and we indulged. Plus, I think I am a little PMS'd so I am feeling bloated anyway. I was looking forward to running this morning but it's pretty nasty outside. Have to think of something else.

My plan today is to eat a late breakfast and late lunch and hopefully only have 2 meals today. I would like to try to do this 3x a week as a mod. However, if I am too hungry I will allow a small meal. I feel like I am eating too much during the week. We'll see.

Todays Menu: Breakfast: WW Muffin, banana and milk

Lunch/Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad w/garlic bread.

Later that day.....
Okay, so I got really hungry around 2:30 and had a bagel. Will try again tomorrow for the 2 meal thingy but it's okay if I allow myself a small meal. I don't want to feel deprived.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Tue May 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi, Karen. How's the 2 meals a day working out for you?
I am clicking right along with my No S'ing and already looking forward to next Saturday.
Got to go sign in for the day. Have a good day!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Despite the fact that I am very tired, I got my run/walk in. I was out for about an hour and 40 minutes. I had lunch at 11 which was a very large salad with chicken and some wheat thins. I did not finish my salad but I was full.

I made Sloppy Joe Calzones with Rice for dinner so I think I may have some of that. Or I may have cereal. Not sure yet. Things are going well even though I am soooooo PMS'd. :o
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed May 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Last night I made a plate of dinner, Sloppy Joe Calzones and rice but after a few bites, I decided I really did not want it. So I had cereal instead.

This morning I was going to try to wait until 11 to eat breakfast/lunch but I was starving when I woke up and I am going to the grocery store and did not want to go hungry. So I had a bagel and banana. I think I will try to have a larger late lunch. Tonight is Bible Study and we always have a treat so I don't have much of a dinner to allow myself the treat, if I want it.

I plan on doing an exercise tape today for exercise and some lite cleaning. That's what my HUMP day looks like. :D
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Thursday: I am so glad that the sun is out today. Helps my motivation. So today I am going for 2 meals, plus a run and house cleaning. I am also trying out this new pedometer I got (one for me and one for my mom) but I don't want to give it to her if it does not work very well, hence my trying it out. Not sure so far how I like it. Seems a little flimsy. Will take it on my run and see how it does.

Not sure what is on the menu today. Check back in later.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi, Karen, I hope the pedometer worked OK because I'm looking forward to getting my very own for Mother's Day! Hope you're feeling more yourself today - sunshine is always a plus for that. Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Friday: 1 more day until Saturday and I am very excited. Took my mom out to lunch today at Red Robin. My oldest son said he was not hungry so he did not order anything. However, when my food came he asked for a bite. So I gave him half my burger. But I was plenty full eating half my turkey burger and fries. Breakfast was 2 whole grain waffles and a banana. I don't know what dinner will be. Not sure yet.

Did not do any exercise today as I did so much yesterday and I am running in the morning with hubby. :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, my weekend went a little crazy. Actually, Saturday I think for the most part was fine. I went for a 4 mile run with my hubby and then about 2 hours later went for a 3 mile walk with my son. So for breakfast I had a slimfast bar and then for lunch I had a bagel.

BUT THEN we went to a BBQ and I had like 3 rice crispy treats, lots of chips and another dessert, plus 1/2 a steak. UGH.

Sunday was pretty much snacking most of the day and no exercise so I am feeling quite fluffy right now. I am starting a new week with some modifications. Still having 3 meals a day, 1 plate but will try to do mostly protein with very few carbs. I have found in the past that when I eat this way I am not hungry, and I just feel better. I will allow myself saturday for sure as an S day, but will play Sunday by ear. If there is something special going on, I will take an S day, otherwise I will do 3 plates. I will be out of town this weekend on a girls retreat so we will see how that goes.

It is kind of rainy out today but I must exercise so I'll figure it out. Check back in tomorrow. :)
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Mon May 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi, Karen
Sounding fluffy sounds kind of fun. I am trying to figure out how to program my pedometer. Some well-meaning person gave it to me, and I suppose I'll get it set up eventually. Right now I'm still figuring out my stride length. Supposed to take 12 strides, then divide the number of inches by 12 then program the gizmo. Why not take just one stride and measure that??? Just shows I'm not very scientific.
Have a good day!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 13, 2010 2:16 pm

ARGHHHHHHHH.....So frustrated right now. I know I was supposed to wait until tomorrow to weigh but got on the scale this morning and I've gained 4 pounds. I have no idea what is going on. I am on two new medications (started after last months weigh in) so all I can think is that they have had something to do with it. Don't know. Not sure what to do at this point as I have been exercising more and, for the most part have been very vanilla. No decisions today though, too emotional about it. I will run today and stay on track, b/c I don't want to go out of control.

Any advise?
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

My advice? Take the rocks out of your pockets when weighing.
Seriously, I have heard that eating more small meals a day (like 4 or 5) and not just having 2 is better for you. Keeps your metabolism up!!
Hang in there.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon May 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Well Monday is a new day and I am determined to have a good attitude about myself despite the scale. I have been exercising more so the weight gain is frustrating BUT, something I think I will have to deal with since I have to be on the medication in order to sleep well. I guess it is part of getting older.

Anyway, went for a nice run this morning and going to have Fiber Bran and banana for breakfast. Not sure for lunch or dinner.

Monday's and Saturdays are my favorite days of the week! Can you guess why?
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed May 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Wednesday: I decided to go off the medication. I just could not handle the continued weight gain, despite all my good effort. So I am feeling optimistic about what I am doing. I have exercised a good amount so far this week and plan on going for a nice long run tomorrow, but today is my day off from exercise and I am really enjoying it.

For breakfast I had cereal and for lunch I had a nice big salad. Which is something I have enjoyed the last 2 days. Not sure about dinner. I have bible study tonight so I try to keep it small.

Looking forward to the rest of the week and hopefully getting back to where I started weight wise. So frustrating.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Happy Thursday, Karen. Almost time for an S-ing weekend. Too bad your prescriptions are having a bad effect on your weight - bummer! I'm sure that by stopping them for the time being, your body will start to behave itself.
I think I'll try to behave this weekend since it doesn't look like I'm doing all that well weight-wise. Oh, well, at least I'm feeling good.
You have a great day.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue May 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, it's Tuesday and I did not get my exercise in. I thought about doing it this afternoon but it's pouring. I really think I should just get up early and get it over with. If I wait too long I will talk myself right out of it.

Anyway, so far this week has been very good. This morning I had a slimfast bar along with 1 waffle (b/c I made one and my son did not want it). For lunch I had cereal. I am going over to my friends for dinner so I am sure it will be good. I am really hoping to start losing weight (now that I am off the medicine) because I really like this program. It takes the obsession off of food and I like reading all the posts, very encouraging. All in all, things are going well. :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Louise Sweeney

Post by Louise Sweeney » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 pm

OK, Stubby, you are being badder than I am so where's your posting??? Confess now and I might be lenient....
Start/Present/Goal
168.5/165.5/145

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Okay, I'm back. Just needed a little time to think. So today is a ESE day. I am doing an 18 hour fast, starting at 8:00 pm last night. My first meal will be @ 2:00. I plan on doing this 3X this week and we will see how we do.

Not sure what I will have for lunch, maybe a sandwich or a Lean Q meal. Not sure, gonna see what I feel like eating.

For dinner I am having Sweet & Sour Chicken with rice.

Thanks mom for the encouragement. Need to hang in there together.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Officially on again. I did not stray too far but was trying other things which I cannot stick to long term. Of course I know this in my heart. My mind plays games and I play right along. I am slowly working towards a more positive self image, regardless of what I weigh. I have a wonderful family, good friends and am in good health. I exercise 4-5 times a week. So, look at all I am doing right. Just need to keep telling myself what a good person I am despite the extra 30 pounds.

Anyway, yesterday was successful. Breakfast had a bagel. Went for a walk and a run. Lunch was a sandwich and some chips. Dinner was Bens and rice and texas toast. Not sure about today. Well see after my run what I feel like eating.

I am also trying to be more intuitive about what I eat and how much. Am I really hungry and for what exactly? It's a journey and I am taking it one step at a time. One Vanilla day at a time.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Back again! Started, again on Monday and have had a really good week. Since what usually happens when I start No S is that I am really on track for a few weeks and then I start adding things in, or taking things away. Then I think I should do slimfast or some other "diet" that does not work. I tell you, most of this is mental for me. So this time, I am telling myself, no gimmicks, just straight No S, exercise Monday - Friday and enjoy my weekends. I am not going to worry how fast or how slow the weight comes off, I am just going to stay on track so that mentally, I am not totally obsessing. Going to the lake today with friends. Will pack a lunch. Not sure what dinner is going to be yet. :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:00 am

Start over, time number......don't even know.

Today was good. Except for the fact that I did not exercise. I am so PMS'd and tired. I know I am running tomorrow and then walking with a different friend so no worries about the exercise. Doing good on that part.

Food is a whole other issue. But today was good. Had a bagel and milk for breakfast. Totally craving McDonalds for lunch. Waited until I was really hungry and went. So I was not really hungry for dinner.

Overall, I am feeling better about me. I am still unemployed (since March) and I cannot wait to find a good job that fits me. Had lots of interviews but no "yes". That is something that has been hard. All the "nos". Just trying to hang in there and try to stay on schedule. Talk to you tomorrow.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm

FRIDAY!!!!

Restarted AGAIN on Wednesday and have had a good 3 days, well actually 2. But I am looking forward to doing Vanilla NO S with no mods. I find that I start No S, and then add or take away a bunch of stuff and then I just stop because it gets too complicated. So easy Vanilla No S and exercise Mon-Friday. It's all good! Don't know what my weight is, I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Have a good day!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Monday: Glad to see it. Weekend felt medium out of control. Well, not Saturday too much, but certainly yesterday. I did quite a bit of walking so I am not feeling too bad. For breakfast today I have a slimfast bar and some milk. I was not really hungry this morning so I felt this was a good choice for me.

Not sure about lunch yet, I think just a W.W. frozen meal.

Dinner I am having steak sandwich on texas toast and some potatoes. Going to the gym after work. Here is to a good week on No S.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:16 pm

MONDAY: SUCCESS

Ended up not having breakfast. After my glass of milk I was not hungry and I just got busy.

Lunch I had terriaki chicken with rice and it was really good.

Then I went to the gym for a lifting class which kicked my butt. For dinner I had a friend over and we had the Texas Toast sandwiches with green beans. She had a lite snack after dinner, but I declined. Yay for me.

Today I am going to have a bagel and milk for breakfast and then a WW meal for lunch. I am going to the gym again after work and I am not sure what I am going to have for dinner.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 pm

TUESDAY: 9/28 SUCCESS
My eating was good and I was still sore from my work out on Monday so I did not do any exercise.

WEDNESDAY: 9/29 SUCCESS

I had a Slimfast bar & milk for breakfast.
Lunch: PB & J and some chips
Dinner: French Fries from McDonalds and some Milk
Exercise: 1 Hour run/walk

I am feeling very optimistic since this week is going so well. Tonight I plan to work out, either at the gym or go for a run. Not sure which one.

For breakfast I am either having a slimfast and milk or a bagel and milk. My boss brings in bagels alot and I usually wait to eat breakfast to see if he is bringing them in. If he does not, I just eat my slimfast but I sure do love bagels.

I am really starting to enjoy my milk and it really helps with my appetite. I try not to have too much because of the extra calories but if I have hungry late at night, it is so nice to be able to have a glass of milk
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I have decided to weigh in on Friday mornings. This will help me stay accountable on weekends, and not go too crazy.

Thursday was a success for me and I even went running after work. I had a late dinner and I was not that hungry so I did not eat that much.

Friday, because we had a double date, dinner and movie I decided to start my N day after 5 on Friday and end today at 5. I was able to enjoy me dinner and snacks at the movie.

Saturday I went for a run with my husband and a friend. I was so nauseous most of the run I could only complete 4 miles and I have been sick to my stomach all weekend. Which means I have in no way gone crazy this weekend since I really do not have an appetite. Not sure what is going on, I don't have any other symptoms, but oh well. Hopefully I will feel better soon. This morning I had a poptart, around 11 b/c I thought I should eat something. It made me feel worse. This afternoon we are going out to celebrate my son's 14th birthday. Hope I am feeling like eating then.

Oh, and I was so excited to weigh in and discover that I have lost 2 pounds this week. It confirms to me that this really does work if you stay on Vanilla No S. Monday will be my 3rd week. I am looking forward to my 21 day mark, which I believe will be a week from Monday.

Thanks to all of you who write on this board. It really helps to encourage and motivate me. :D
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:22 pm

All in all, my weekend was not bad at all. Of course I was sick to my stomach most of it, so I know I did not go too crazy.

Sunday was my sons 14th birthday and so we went to PF Changs for dinner. Food was very good but I did not eat too much. Then we went to Ben & Jerrys for ice cream. My cone was HUGE and I dont think I even ate half of it. But it was very good. That was the last I ate on Sunday as it was 4:30 and because I started my weekend on Friday at 5:00 I ended at Sunday @ 5 and that worked out well.

MONDAY: FAILURE. I had 4 or 5 candy corns. My boss put a bowl of them right next to me desk so they look at me all day. I know 4 or 5 of them is not a big deal, but it is for sure a snack. And I did not exercise either. UG. Oh, well. Tuesday will be better.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Starting Again

Post by KareBear » Tue May 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I am on day 2, of my, 20th attempt. I going to go very slow this time, just try to get the habit down and go from there. I would really like to loose the relationship I have with food altogether. I know this is the only plan that will help me do that.

So, Vanilla No S. I am not worrying about exercise at this point as I am a very active person. I will only exercise if I feel like it. I just completed a Half Marathon 2 weeks ago and I am very proud of myself. Even though I averaged 12 minute miles, I ran most of it and most of all I FINISHED. So here is to new beginnings
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue May 10, 2011 7:27 pm

You can do this!!! One day at a time. I am on my 4th or 5th try at No-S....and I'm committed for the long haul this time. I've just finished 8 weeks. It gets easier day by day.

We're all in this together!!!

KareBear

Thanks

Post by KareBear » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Wow, so nice to hear from you Tobiasmom. I was reading through your check ins and it was so nice to read your story. Very inspiring! Where in Texas do you live? We lived in Harlingen Texas for 6 years...very HOT! Anyway, thanks for the support. Would love to stay in contact for support. So far, today has been very good. Had a nice walk this afternoon and then a big salad with some bread for lunch. Not sure about dinner tonight. I do have a lot of left overs that I need to get rid of.

Talk to you soon. Thanks for the "howdy" and support. Have a great day!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm

I admire you for coming back.

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

You are an inspiration to keep motivated and positive. I just read through your posts and admire your tenacity. You are in the right place, I think. It will just take time. This is the only diet I found that understands we need breaks from our dieting occasionally. It just takes time to learn to do no S days with control. It is easy to over indulge but with patience, control can become habit too.
I'm baaaack.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Here is how my Wednesday looked:

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal

Did about an hour of yard work and then ran some errands

Lunch: PB & J with some BBQ chips

Walked to the bus stop to pick up my youngest son.

Dinner: Nachos

I really struggles yesterday with what to have for dinner. Nothing really sounded good. And does anyone else get kinda sad or stressed while eating dinner? In my mind I am thinking "This is all I get for the rest of the day?" and it really messes with me. Well, last night I told myself that I was not even hungry and if I got hungry I could have milk. Which of course I did not get hungry. This is so mental for me AND....

My oldest son is being screened for Aspergers (he is 14) and things are very stressful. It's not so much his behavior at home but he has a really hard time at school and is constantly in trouble. I hate to say this, but they have labeled him as a behavior problem since 6th grade and since I did not really know exactly what was going on at school...things just got worse. It kills me everyday to take him to school where I know he is misiable (sp). Yesterday, he got in trouble, again, for not following a rule (does not matter that he does not understand/agree with the rule and for Aspie kids, that is a block they cannot process) He told the them that they were demoralizing and it made him sad and they said "whatever" you have lunch detention. It kills me to take him there everyday. Plus, I've been to that school so much in his defense that I look like crazy mama bear. The district never returns calls. It's so frustrating. They could care less that my son is failing. To them, it's all his fault. I want to scream "YOUR THE ADULT...ACT LIKE IT"

Okay, sorry for my rant, just had to get some of it out. SOOOOOO, despite all that, my week has been GREEN.

And, today, I decided to not take Jett to school, but talk to his counselor about my options. I may just pull him out for the rest of the year (only 4 weeks left). But I don't want to send the wrong message to my son either. When it gets hard, quit. However, his emotional state is most important right now. We will just see what happens today. Thanks for listening. I am looking forward to getting my emotional eating under control and this week has been a good test. I'll check back in later.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu May 12, 2011 2:44 pm

I *still* have problems with rules that make no sense. I care deeply about fairness. This, I believe, is a *good* thing.

anniej

Post by anniej » Thu May 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Stubby my heart goes out to you!! I don't know what your life is like, but I DO know people who homeschool their children with asperger's. Have you thought about that at all? I'm sure you have-- and really, no one knows what your son needs more than you do.

You'll be in my prayers. :(

You're doing great on your eating, despite the stress! Way to go!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks for the support....it really helps in my overall attitude. I certainly have mentioned the idea of home school. When he was younger, he used to beg me to home school. Now that he is older and has lots of friends, he is not such a fan. The good thing is we found this great Charter School for next year, as he is entering High School. It is a very small school and they focus on the arts. They relate to the kids on their level...ie, all the teachers are called by their first name etc..So I know he will do so much better there. And honestly, Jett does have one of the strongest personalities that I have ever dealt with. Not sure how well I would do. I am really praying, that with his upcoming assessment, they will be able to help guide us a little more. We have an appointment with our family therapist, whom we have not seen since last year and I think he will be able to give me some good advice too. Thanks for the prayers. I sure need them and appreciate them.

I have had a good day today so far with No S. Had my normal breakfast, went for a nice long bike ride and then treated myself to McDonalds for lunch. I hate to say it, but I really do love McDonalds. And I don't feel guilty because it all fit on 1 plate and I have not snacked today, even though I am having those cravings. I know I can make it until tomorrow. :D
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat May 14, 2011 2:07 am

Today started out well..but ended up as a failure. I had to my oldest son to a therapy session today. It was much needed and I am glad that we went, BUT, my son does have clinical depression so that, ironically, has made me depressed as well. Mostly, I just want to find out how to help him. I think we are on the right track. Well I hope anyway.

So, to my failure. My friend, knowing that I was having a rough day brought me a McDonalds ice cream cone. I could not say no to that. So my night has been kind of a binge. But I am so proud of my week as a whole. And I am going to go for a run tomorrow morning.

Have a good weekend all my No S friends. Lets stay focused and be nice to ourselves in the process.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

So far so good this week. Feeling better and better about ME! :)

So here was how yesterday ended up:

B: Bagel and 1 cup of skim milk
L: PB & J with BBQ Chips
D: Cereal

1 Hour of exercise

SUCCESS
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed May 18, 2011 1:24 pm

All in all, Tuesday was a good day. Started out stressful and ended up chill.

B: Bagel with cup of skim milk
L: Taco Bell 2 Tacos and Nachos
D: PB & J with Chips

No exercise and I was feeling bad about that. However, I just have to remind myself that I will not put guilt on myself for anything. I did not really have time to exercise yesterday so I did not. I might try to get in a walk or bike ride today, if it's not raining, but no stress. Really want to focus on the habit of eating correctly and add exercise later.

The mental dialog is getting better and it sure seems to help in how I feel about myself. :P
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Hang in there!

May I suggest that you try to add some fruit and veggies to your meals? You might feel better.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Wow, I cannot believe that it's Thursday already. So far this week has been really good. The one thing I have not done too much of is exercise, but again, I am just trying to get the food thing down and exercise only if I really want to.

So, I kind of had a busy day yesterday as I worked a little in the morning and then had a hair appointment at 1 pm. That left me no time to eat lunch until around 2:30. I was not too hungry and it would have been so easy to grab fast food, since I was out and about. But I really did not want it so.

B: Bagel w/1 cup of skim milk
L: PB & J with chips
D: Baked potato and Black Bean soup. Very yummy dinner and very filling.

I ate dinner right before I had to go to a board meeting, since I knew that there would be snacks there. I was not tempted at all to eat the snacks.

Today I am planning on multiple walks. The weather is great here and I really WANT to get out in it.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Fri May 20, 2011 2:55 pm

So happy it's Friday. My life is pretty stressed out right now. I was laid off a month ago and I am starting to get worried about $$$. With my sons recent diagnosis of depression and me with no way to help him....I am waking up at night and laying there with worry. Praying does help and I know, deep down that God has my son in His hands, it's just so hard not to know how to help him.

The reason for the above rant, is to say that usually I would totally be emotionally eating all these fears and worries and No S has really helped me. I feel I at least have control over my meals and my health. I have decided weigh in only monthly, as my main goal is to form the habit. But I did have a peak this morning and I am quite happy with the results especially since I have so much going on. I am VERY COMMITTED to this way of life and VERY HAPPY with the way I FEEL. I continue to say nice things to myself and praise myself daily for the small victories.. :lol:

My meals for yesterday were:
B: Fired egg sandwich and 1 cup of skim milk
L: McDonalds with Hubby. Small burger and fries
D: Rolls and small amount of noodles

Plus I spent a good hour exercising and enjoying this great weather. Today I am volunteering at my youngest sons track meet and then I have to take my older son to counseling. I am REALLY GLAD ITS FRIDAY.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri May 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about what's going on in your life right now! Man! You are right - God is in control. It's just easier to say it than actually live it! Great job sticking with No-S. It's great to have at least one thing that you CAN control, huh?!

Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me! We are all in this together!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat May 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Woo Hoo, it's Saturday. I was not sure how I would make it until Saturday but I did and it feels really good!!

So this morning I have had a few snacks but have not gotten really hungry yet. I usually run on Saturdays but you know, I really don't feel like it. I am totally enjoying my time alone. Husband and kids are gone.

So that is what it feels like to have a SUCCESSFUL WEEK!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon May 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Monday; well, at least in regards to the No S lifestyle, I really like Mondays. I am ready to get back on track and tackle the week. Today should be somewhat busy, wish various errands and I am not sure what l will eat.

B: English Muffin with Banana and 1 cup of skim milk....very satisfying.

L:

D:

Exercise:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 pm

You are an inspiration! What a week you had and you survived it. I used lots of excuses to give up last week and regret it. I will remember you for this upcoming week.
Regarding your son, I have a 35 year old daughter and grade school/high school for her and us was a nightmare. If I had it to do over again, I would do a lot of things differently. She was above average intelligence for the arts, and below average for the sciences. She hated school and begged not to have to go. She tells us now that she was picked on a lot for being weird. She never told us that was part of the issues she was having and the school never noticed it or if they did, they did nothing about it. We had a number of testings done because she was so unhappy in school. We received diagnoses of everything from depression, borderline personality disorder, asbergers, anxiety etc. One teacher even told us we were trying to change the whole world to suit our daughter. We bounced between thinking we were making it better, to making it worse. In fact, there were times we thought we were over-reacting and making it up! Now at 35 she is functioning very well on some levels but is still dealing with anxiety and depression off and on. So I guess we learned that we could help her through some of her issues but some of them she just had to learn how to deal with on her own. I still worry about her down moods too much and I probably (as my husband says) interfere too much in her life trying to make it better. All good parents want the best for their children and we want them to have carefree easy lives. That is not always possible. Hang in there. Be there for him and let him have as much say as possible in how he wants to deal with the issues he is facing. And pray a lot. My heart goes out to you and I will be saying a prayer for both of you as well.

And also looking for work!!! You are amazing and the good week you had proves it. Keep it up. I still haven't quite learned that when my daughter is having a rough time, that doesn't mean I can't take good care of myself. We can both help them more if we are taking good care of ourselves.
I'm baaaack.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue May 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Tuesday: Day 11 of total compliance. SO EXCITED and PROUD of me!!!

Okay, so yesterday was another stressful day mixed with some good things. First of all my meals looked like this:

B: English Muffin/Banana/1 cup of skim milk
L: Baja Fresh: 1/4th of a Burrito and some chips with quac.
D: Cereal

Okay so yesterday I was doing some side work for my old boss when I got a call that I got that job that I interviewed for on Friday. Which is exciting but little nerve racking with all the other stuff going on in my life. BUT I am so thankful that now I have a job. I start today.

When I picked up my oldest son from school, another bad day. The Administrators recommend that he only goes for the last 2 periods of the day (Math and Science) so he finishes on a good note. Which that is all great but Jett is very down about his day. He told me last night that he would like to see his Dr. about Anti depressants. Wow, okay, are you sure? Yes, I am sure. I am not feeling any better and I am tired of being sad. :(. I wish I knew what to do to make it all get better. I really hope today goes well for him.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Congratulations on your new job :wink: That is wonderful news.

I wish you well with your sons. Being a mother can be heartbreaking at times, that's for sure. :cry:
Berry

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Tue May 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Karen,
Well done on your new job - that's excellent news. I'm sorry to hear about your son. I work in a big secondary school in the UK and we have several students with Asperger's who also have depression and anxiety. We have a couple of really good books we use with students in 1:1 sessions. One is 'The Incredible 5 point scale' by Kari Dunn Buron and Mitzi Curtis - this helps students to moderate their responses to different situations. Another excellent workbook for schools, parents and teachers is 'Asperger's - what does it mean to me?' by Catherine Faherty. We also like 'Social Stories' by Carol Gray, which helps students to work out responses to situations in advance. Even if your son doesn't have AS, these are quite useful to focus on positive approaches when children have high anxiety. Also -anything by Tony Atwood is good to explain the theory behing AS - very readable.

Apologies if I'm sticking my nose in where it isn't needed. You probably know about resources like these already - you sound like you are supporting your son brilliantly. Just thought I'd offer my thoughts as I'm on the other side of things. Good luck :)

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed May 25, 2011 3:39 am

No worries about butting in! I appreciate all the advise/support I can get. I am in over my head (that is how I feel) and am just going day to day. I will definitely look into those books. I have read a few that have been helpful in helping me understand a little more about what his processing is like. Today was his first short day and I have to tell you, what a difference it made. He was a lot happier today. I told him I was proud of him, getting himself up and out the door. I half expected him to just stay home. So we celebrated tonight with some good Chinese Food, 1 plate.

And my new job is great, so far. Thanks for the congrats!! However, lots of snacking going on there. It will be a new challenge for me as I was used to being at home and I am not buying snacks for home.

Anyway, another SUCCESS today and even though I am very tired (only 4 hours of sleep last night) I feel good about the day all the way around. Family is totally supportive of my job and my old boss even called to find out how I liked it. I think he really wants to hire me back, but probably cannot for a little while. Complicated divorce stuff.

Again, thanks so much for the support, my No S friends. I don't think you know how helpful you are :)
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed May 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Wednesday: It's raining...bummer. I even set my alarm for 5 am to go for a run before work. But I don't run in the rain if I don't have to. It is not nearly as much fun. So I will try again for tomorrow on the old exercise. Here were my meals for Tuesday:

B: English Muffin/Banana/1 cup of skim milk
L: Tuna Sandwich/chips/applesauce
D: 1 plate of Chinese Food (So good)

Also, a lot less stress around the household (for me anyway), which is so GREAT. Have I said lately how much I love NO S????
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:14 pm

You have some high level stressors in your life right now and it sounds like you are doing everything you can to live through them minute by minute.
You are such an inspiration to me because we have a lot of drama with my daughter at the present time and before talking to you and others here on line, I think my reaction would have been to eat myself into a stupor. A parent feels so helpless when dealing with things that can't be changed but only faced. And yet facing issues is the only way to find coping strategies. I think we should have done more proactive things with my daughter when she was your son's age but we just kept hoping it was a stage she was going through and she would suddenly grow out of it. Like WhoMe, I feel like I am sticking my nose in too but I have been where you are many years ago and have some things I wish I could change about how we handled things. Until recently, my daughter never told us how truly miserable she was during those years.

After your post about the charter schools, I asked my daughter if she would have liked charter schools when she was having all her issues in junior high and high school and she said she would have switched in a heartbeat. I asked her how she would have felt leaving friends at her old school and she said she could have seen them after school and on weekends. So then I was feeling tons of guilt. Arrgh!
I'm baaaack.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm

THURSDAY:

Well this morning I got my exercise in. I started out going for a run, but 25 minutes in I was just not feeling it. So I walked the rest of the route. Overall, about 1 hour of cardio so that is good.

Yesterday was SUCCESSFUL. I did feel the need to snack during my working ours. I was so tired and thought the sugar would help me feel better. I kept walking by the Reeces Cups, looking, contemplating. But in the end, it just was not worth it. So the rest of my day looked like this:

L: Left over Sesame Chicken and Salad
D: Cereal with some chips

I have decided to weigh in next Saturday. However, even if I have not lost any, I feel so much better. I should change my signature block because when I started back up in May, I started at a higher weight. I'll break it down like this
In March, when we got back from our cruise, I weighed 164.
In May, when I re started No S, I was down to 157. So I will put my
start weight at 157 and go from there.

I hope everyone has a Great NO S day. We are almost to the weekend.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm

FRIDAY:

Well this day was a little weird. First let me list my meals

B: Oatmeal/banana/cup of skim milk
L: PB & J with Chips/Applesauce
D: Cereal and wheat thins

I was contemplating making today a failure because I had some wheat thins after my cereal but I did not have that many and I know the cereal would not fill up a whole plate. Friday nights are hard for me so I waited until 7 pm and then started my S day. I will end on Sunday @ 7pm. Even though Monday is a holiday and we are having a bbq, I will stick to No S for breakfast and lunch and have my burger, baked beans and a little dessert.

Looking back over the month, with all the stress, I really do feel good about where I am at. I think it was much easier being at home then starting a new job where everyone is snacking. But I made it through my first week and hopefully, that part will get easier. I weigh in next Saturday and regardless of what that says, I am staying with No S. I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better about my life when my food is not so out of control. Plus, I can eat whatever I want for my meals, that feels great.

I also noticed that not having the sweets around the house helped a lot! Hubby and I are about to go for a short run. Glad I am getting some exercise in. :)
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello all,
I had a great holiday weekend but must admit that I am feeling a little fluffy this week. HOWEVER, I will not weigh myself until Saturday and I keep reminding myself how much better, overall, I am doing. So there you go.

Tuesday was a SUCCESS and it does help to be busy. I have a graduation to go to tonight, so I am sure I will do fine. Not sure about my meals today. I do know I am having a LQ meal for lunch with some applesauce. I really do like those meals and I am kinda getting tired of sandwiches. Since I am so busy this week, exercise has kinda gone out the window. Hoping to get up on Friday, to run. Well see.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Congratulations on the successful weekend. You are a winner whatever the scale says.
I'm baaaack.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks Pangelsue! One day at a time right? :lol:
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Thursday: Well, yesterday was a FAILURE. I did not enjoy the lunch I bought and there were these huge cookies all over the office. Totally broke down and had one. Then I got home late and had 2 pieces of candy.

Oh well, today is a new day. For now, at least I am going to start making a lunch that I really want as that is my favorite meal of the day. If I have a good size lunch, I know I will not feel like snacking in the afternoon at work. Plus, this week has been so crazy. I have something EVERY night until Sunday. But life is good and I am going to just keep plugging along.
:P
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Congrats on letting a little failure slide and also on getting back on the horse. You have had a lot of stress lately and life will be easier when you find your way through especially if you have stayed on plan too.
I'm baaaack.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:34 pm

So glad that it's the weekend and Friday was Successful. When I look back at the May Challenge I did, I am pretty proud of the overall success. My June did not start off the best, but I will get it under control and my failures were certainly not huge.

Today I am going to enjoy my run and do some yard work. I am going out to dinner tonight with a friend and I am looking forward to it. I don't really have any particular snacks planned. Nothing sounds like "I have to have it", ya know? I am supposed to weigh in today and I might do it a little later. That is the nice thing about this program, it's all mine to do whatever I want with it. I would like to loose the weight but it really is not my #1 priority. I am determined to get off the negative cycle of dieting and self hate and 30 days in, I feel really good about me. So there you go.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Monday: Ugh...that is how I feel today. I wanted to get up and run this morning before work, even set my alarm, but alas, my 10 yr. old had a really hard time sleeping last night. He could not fall asleep until around 11 and then was up from 2:30 until around 4:00. So needless to say, I was not about to get up at 5 and run.

I did weigh myself on Saturday and I am the same. I am okay with that. My goal for the first month was habit and self love (man that term sounds lame) but it's the truth. I am so hard on myself but I have been really working on this and I have to say that, even though I have a long way to go, I am feeling better about myself.

So these next 4 weeks I will be trying to add in 5 days of exercise of some sort. Kinda bummed that I could not this morning, but now that I am working full time, I need my sleep. So I will try to get in a long walk/run tomorrow. To keep my commitment, I will have to exercise Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. We'll see how it goes. :shock: So today, I plan on
B: Bagel, banana & milk
L: Tuna Sandwich and chips
D: Out with friend

See you all tomorrow. Have a great day!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135