Cheryl restarting No S

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cab54

Cheryl restarting No S

Post by cab54 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Sure....EASY to restart on a Saturday afternoon, huh? :lol:

Well, this is the day I became sick of how big I'm getting. :oops: We (hubby and I) went up to our 'cabin in da woods' all last year, and ate like oinkers, and I sat around a lot, and I'm, yes........even heavier than I was before I quit No S. (or just began to 'forget' about it). Heavier than ever in my life, actually. :roll:

So...I came back to the 'normal' way of dieting, IMO---No S!! It's the only sensible one I've ever known!

I figure, if I do the daily check in, I will hopefully not fall off the wagon again. Here goes! I began back this morning with breakfast. I can feel the calm coming over me already. Yay, no S!
Cheryl

Starting weight--200 (gah!)
Currently--185
Goal weight--135, or wherever I end up

dmarie710

Post by dmarie710 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 am

Hey Cheryl. How long were you doing NoS before? That cabin in the woods sounds amazing.
Denise
restart No S on 4/1 at 132#
goal is 120-123# doing vanilla NoS with Eat Stop Eat on Monday.

cab54

Post by cab54 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 am

Hi, Denise! I did NoS about 6 mos. a couple of years ago. I always lose slowly, but I lost about 15 pounds.

Did pretty well today. Went to a baby shower, and ate lunch there. Then dh and I had Greek food for dinner. Greek salad and pastitio (sp?). Yum. They serve way too big a portion, so I saved half for tomorrow's lunch.

I can't say enough how FREEing this diet is. It's just such a normal way to eat.
Cheryl

Currently--185

cab54

Post by cab54 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Today is OK so far.

Had routine Dr. visit today. Was glad to hear that my Chol. level was way better than before. It used to hover at 254, is now 201. I'll take it! :D

They put me on the scale (of course) but with clothes and shoes on. Ugh. :roll:

Anyway.....next checkup is 6 mos from now. Hope to be thinner and fitter by then.
Cheryl

Currently--185