Andover Daily Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

andover

Andover Daily Check in

Post by andover » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

I've started reading this book last night and plan to finish this weekend while sitting on my pontoon at the lake with my hubbie. I'm going to improvise a bit and switch the s days to Friday and Saturday, because we always go out on Fridays. So I'm officially starting this plan on Sunday as an N day. This week I've already started eating smaller portions and making better choices. My main problem is going to be snacking, though I always pick good choices like fruit or nuts. No snacking is going to be tough. I haven't quite understood if you can have 2 drinks on the n days too? Or just the S days? I don't generally drink at all during the week, only most Fridays and Saturdays.

July2010

Post by July2010 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Check the book on page 54. He doesn't count drinks as an S unless it's full of sugar. He says he has 1-2 drinks per day.
AutismMom