Day 3 & Loving this

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Day 3 & Loving this

Post by gettheweightoff » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

So this is my third day and I'm really liking this way of eating. Here's what I've noticed...

I find it funny when my habits call on me telling me to snack on this or that. I didn't realize just how much I thought about food.

I find I'm hungry less before lunch. It seems I need a bigger lunch to get me through to dinner but I can eat less for breakfast and be fine.

I find when I get hungry in the evening some herbal tea helps and the hunger feeling always passes.

There is a total freedom in not eating all the time and being a slave to it.

It is empowering not to eat off of the kids plates or nibble on this or that or say no when my husband tells me I can have the rest of his Chinese leftovers.

My meals are more substantial now. I was always making small portions and snacking all day and getting hungrier and hungrier until I would binge eat out of sheer hunger.

I'm eating clean now which makes me feel proud of myself. I am looking forward to my sugar free chocolate covered almonds this weekend. I am going to plan my treats not just dive in because I know me and it will lead to a binge.

After years of binge eating and being in what felt like a prison I can see a way out now. Although I have about 18lbs to lose I am not thinking so much about that now... and am focussing on doing the plan instead and I'll see where I'm at in about 6 months as I am expecting this to be a slow loss and I refuse to weigh myself because I know it will be discouraging if the loss is slow.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I look forward to many positive posts.