Those persistent 15 pounds

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

EmilyGF

Those persistent 15 pounds

Post by EmilyGF » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 am

Here's my story: mom of three, always aware of food body, but more likely to binge than eat healthy despite awareness! I'm about 15 pounds over my comfortable weight, so that's my goal. That, and not living my day centered around food!

I'm jumping in with two feet tomorrow (and didn't take seconds on dinner, so I guess that's a step in the right direction).

I need to figure out how to make a satisfying lunch without too much work. I don't like PBJ but I'm a SAHM and we end up eating that (and then I spend the afternoon snacking).

I've been doing T-Tapp (a sort of yoga/pilates standing mix) for 15 minutes a day for about two weeks now, five days a week, so I want to keep doing that. Otherwise, I'm not going to require anything of myself.
Emily

gk

Post by gk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:22 am

Welcome Emily! I've got similar goals, so I hear ya.

As for lunch, I've always enjoyed my turkey wraps (flour tortilla filled with deli turkey, one slice cheese, lettuce and tomato). It seems like alot of food, but only takes up half the plate, so I have room to also fill up with veggies and/or fruit, a few sun chips and a handful almonds. YUM. :D I've also just started another favorite......thin bagel bread with egg and cheese.

Good luck No S-ing! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.