No excuses I have just been doing stuff

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Florencegirl

No excuses I have just been doing stuff

Post by Florencegirl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Well it is coming up to my 40th this weekend and I am on the way to being very mature - adult about my eating. I have been having blow outs over the last couple of weeks but over all doing pretty well. I dont think I have lost any weight as I still see a restricting pattern. I feel stronger now that I have identified what little 'mind devil' is making me feel that it is OK to over eat. It is that tricky little master who says that tomorrow you will never be eating blah blah blah again so you had better eat as much of it as you want now because this will be the last time. Pwarh last time my eye, it is food, it is always available, it might be sugar (an ingredient found in nearly everything) or dairy (which I really enjoy eating and drinking) or meat or ....well you get it, restricting seems to be my little habit and it is a bad one. My habit is now 3 good yummy meals with the best ingredients I can afford on my normal sized plates. So that I am not disrespecting my gorgeous meals there is to be no seconds, no snacks and no sweets - simple and practice makes perfect.
B= Blueberries, oats and ff greek yoghurt
L= homemade vegie and bean soup with a sprinkle of parmie cheese
D= Porterhouse steak and roast vegies
E (exercise) = 45min walk with the dog, ride bike to and from work.
AFD (alcohol free day)
It is only food, there is plenty of it you just have to wait for a couple of hours until you can have your next meal, seriously waiting is not going to kill you but binging will!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 am

The 40's are a good age. Good luck with your efforts...
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 pm

sounds like your off to a good start!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy