Bleak's Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bleak

Bleak's Check in

Post by Bleak » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Ok so I have been doing No S for 13 days now and so far its gone pretty well all green N days so far and my weekends, well the first weekend went really well only 1 sweet treat each day. Then the Sunday just gone however was a family party so a total sugar fest.

I like this diet it makes sense, but today I needed some serious motivation because I would probably sell my soul for some Nutella today. So I decided to post this to give myself some accountability and stop me making love struck eyes at the chocolate spread.

I'm starting at 5'3 and 170 pounds, I was doing really well but the scales have pretty much stopped on this number and it's pretty disheartening. I'm also getting really obsessive at checking my weight many times a day.

I know I need to do a lot more excercise and I have been trying (ok this week I have made zero effort on the excercise front). It's only Tuesday though hopefully tomorrow I can change that.

So enough ranting here is the basic stats so far:

2/11/11-Day 1-N day-Success
3/11/11-Day 2-N day-Success
4/11/11-Day 3-N day-Success

5/11/11-Day 4-S Day-Success
6/11/11-Day 5-S Day-Success

7/11/11-Day 6-N Day-Success
8/11/11-Day 7-N Day-Success
9/11/11-Day 8-N Day-Success
10/11/11-Day 9-N Day-Success
11/11/11-Day 10-N Day-Success

12/11/11-Day 11-S Day-Success