Want2gethealthy's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Want2GetHealthy

Want2gethealthy's daily check in

Post by Want2GetHealthy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I've followed this plan a couple years ago and lost some weight but gave up when I wasn't losing anymore. I think I may of been eatting too many calories or the wrong type of carbs. I've kept off some, but like most gained back some as well. Recently I watched Dr. Oz and he talked about GLA and safflower seed oil and so I was motivated to really change my eatting and I started to eat healthier and I'm taking some supplements to help. I am taking GLA (borage oil or Safflower seed oil), Chromium, and I add Chia seeds to most anything I eat and I am limiting how much I eat, but not counting calories. Just trying to make sure the fats I do get are healthy ones. It's really helped to reduce cravings and Im feeling full. That's the main issue with me when eatting less, is I hate feeling hungry all the time and these Chia seeds REALLY help.

I came across the No S Diet book on my shelf and decided to give it a go again since it's close to what I'm already doing. Only the choices I'm making now are much healthier than in the past. I've been trying veggies I've never eatten before like Spaghetti Squash and making rice out of Cauliflower. Really cool ideas from Dr. Oz.

So far today:

Juice for breakfast. I wasn't too hungry at all.

For Lunch a huge salad with light dressing with chicken and ff cheese and sunflower seeds (also added my chia seeds). With diet soda. (limit soda to once a day for now)

For Dinner Chicken Gumbo over rice made from Cauliflower. (you grate a head of cauliflower and steam for a few minutes until its the texture of rice and eat as you would rice)

A small bowl of mini wheats (with chia seeds)

-----------------------
Day 2

B: Life cereal and milk with chia seeds on top