iknit247's Check-In - 3rd Time and All That

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

iknit247

iknit247's Check-In - 3rd Time and All That

Post by iknit247 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 pm

They say the third time is the charm, so here I go! I actually started yesterday, which was a

SUCCESS
Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in olive oil, on a piece of multigrain toast with cheese on top. Filling!
Lunch: 100% Angus hot dog w/ 1/2 bun (the bun was stale, otherwise I would've eaten it); carrot sticks w/ Ranch, ff milk
Dinner: meatloaf made with 98% lean beef; roasted carrots, potatoes, celery, and onions.

Today was an S-Day (where S is standing for you-know-what; and possibly Valentine's as well if my husband brings chocolate home). My sweet, beautiful cat of almost 16 years had to be put to sleep yesterday. We are living out of the country for several years, and my mother-in-law had him. She called to say he was ill, and long story short we couldn't justify making him suffer. I am just so sad today, and to be honest it makes me feel better to wallow in Cheetos...

Hope to be in better spirits tomorrow.

Take care, y'all!
~iknit247

Started 13 Feb. '12
220/220/140

Selina

Post by Selina » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:20 pm

wow a lot of german people on this board!
have a nice S day (:
start where you are. use what you have. do what you can.
- arthur ashe