I'm back (again)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

I'm back (again)

Post by gk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:39 am

Hello fellow No Ser's. Yep - just can't stay away. I strayed for awhile to try the Metabolism Boosting Diet. Had success for a few weeks (lost 6 lbs. and lost my cravings as well - major miracle right there :!: ), but after a weekend away I got off track and have been bingeing like crazy ever since. :x

Miss the No S boards, so I decided to join you all once again (if you'll take me, that is! :) !). I do like the Metabolism Boosting diet's outline (protein and "good fats" at each meal, veggies, fruits, avoid sugar, and limit white rice, potatoes, etc., and drink lots of water. It made me feel SO much better, which is what frustrates me why I can't get back to it. Bottom line - I guess when you are a binge eater, you aren't bingeing to calm any cravings or because of hunger, so no matter how well the diet regulates your body, it's the habit of emotional eating that has to be fixed before any diet/eating program will be successful.

I plan to start anew this month - my plan is to follow the No S guidelines, except include a 4:00 snack each day and one treat on each S Day. I will lean towards the Metabolism Boosting diet's guidelines, which in my opinion is just common sense, healthy eating and limiting the carbs (not omit) that seem to lead me astray.

Will have to take some time to revisit some old friends on the No S Boards. Hope you all have been doing well. Have a great month everyone! Talk to you soon. :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:28 am

Welcome back! Hope it goes well for you - the nice thing is you can choose whatever foods you feel are healthiest for you and they fit right in to No-S...

gk

Post by gk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks Amy! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm

hi GK! I have been messing around with diets too! I always come back. I figured there is. O reason I can't incorporate all I learned from other diets into no s ....right? I hope you find that balance...I'm working on t myself.