I refuse to be a roller coaster!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

totljenn

I refuse to be a roller coaster!

Post by totljenn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 pm

I have never been a yoyo dieter/ roller coaster weight loser. Those might be the same thing but you catch my drift. On vacation I was pretty good by comparison, better than I usually am. I take my success where I can find it. However I have been slowly gaining back the few pounds that I have lost. Today is a new day and I am back on track. I went grocery shopping and stocked up on my favorite healthy items and feel good about starting again. I am going on vacation next week but I want to set an example for my little sister (9 years old!) that you can have fun and enjoy your food without it being fatty crap. I refuse to lose weight and then gain it back and then lose and then gain. In the past I have gained and then lost and kept it off until I changed my lifestyle and gained it back slowly over a couple of years. I am trying for the first time to address my diet and my attitude towards food. I am self sabotoger when it comes to weight loss. It's like I was doing good for weeks and then boom, vacation, wheels came off, and now weight gain. Damnit! I am trying to put the wheels back on and be more regimented with my eating. No scratch that, I have put the wheels back on and I'm cruising in style :) Here's to the next 15 being as easy as the last five!