Bunky checks in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bunky

Bunky checks in

Post by bunky » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Monday was great and at the end of the day instead of having dessert I just had a Fresca and vodka. I know artificial sweetners are discouraged but it's the one vice I'm loathe to let go :wink:

So day one, GREEN!

Rachelocity

Post by Rachelocity » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Congrats on the Green Day! It really is a Simple Plan and I'll stop with the band names jokes. For a while anyway. :wink:

I'm also doing artificial sweeteners, Bunky. Maybe I'll let them go at some point but I've never actually had sugar-sweetened drinks since I was a kid (my father was diabetic) so this is a lifelong habit/tradition. Plus, I am trying very hard to avoid over-complicating No S-ing, at least for the first little while.
Everything in moderation, including moderation: Julia Child

bunky

Post by bunky » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Rachelocity, thank you for your encouraging words. I have a lifelong habit of diet sodas for only one simple reason. I do not like sweet drinks. I was the weirdo who would order a diet soda and a hot fudge sundae, LOL! I have always said I like to eat my calories not drink them ;) I too want to keep it uncomplicated!

So I've missed some days cause the my son and DIL are sick, been watching the kiddos a lot so they can take a sick day and try to recover. Anyway....

Day 2-- Red day
I feel the need to justify this by saying I split my dinner with my middle sons' girlfriend and needed a snack later that night. Not a major indulgence but still, a red day :(

Day 3 -- Green Day

May I just add that I am so excited about this plan. If I eat enough at each meal I am not only satisfied till the next meal (and actually hungry for the next meal--what a pleasure) I'm not obsessed with food any more! That feels so good to not have to be constantly thinking about food, how to modify my meals and still cook for the hubby &/or family. I know it hasn't been that long but the change in my mental state is huge and it's just such a relief. I almost feel normal ;)