Jenna's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jld141

Jenna's Daily Check In

Post by jld141 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 am

July 27th: Success :D

July 28th: S-day, but kinda went overboard. Had lots of crackers and popcorn as a snack after a big lunch which included a big chocolate chip cookie and then I ate a ton of dove chocolates....I hope my overboard S days do not inhibit my weight loss!

July 29th: S-day, again went overboard. Had some snacks before meeting my friend for a HUGE waffle with tons of syrup for lunch and then snacked all afternoon until a big dinner. And then after dinner I had a frappuccino and more snacking on cereal and stuff... Tomorrow is back to NoS though and I'm looking forward to it

July 30th: Success

July 31st: Success...resisted the peanut butter cake at work!! woo hoo! but had a little bit of tasting when I made my lunch for tomorrow. However I'm not counting it as a failure because in the past I would have eaten soooo much more! I think I need to drink more water so I'm not as hungry

August 1st: Success! I was super tempted to snack after dinner---normally my problem is over-eating when I'm by myself and there is good food in the house, which happened today, but I drank a glass of water instead and ran up to get a shower to get my mind off of it. This resisting snacking thing is easier said than done, but hopefully after 21 days it will get better!!!

August 2nd: Failure :( I was doing so well and then I just went crazy and ate a bunch of pretzels and chocolate and caramels...I guess the only thing to do is get back on the wagon tomorrow!

August 3rd: Success....although it was really really hard! I was very hungry and it was Friday--so close to an S day!

August 4th: S-day---a little bit over the top in the morning snack wise but otherwise had a small lunch and dinner and went to bed actually kinda hungry! Decent S-day although I wish I would've planned a better dessert

August 5th: S-day Lots of snacking, wasn't even hungry for dinner which was a really good dinner and I'm kinda mad at myself for snacking so much! Still didn't have an awesome dessert. :(

August 6th: FAILURE :( My willpower is not very strong, and I was still hungry after dinner and proceeded to have peanut butter by the spoonful and popcorn and cheerios. Pretty mad at myself, if No-S is going to work I'm actually going to have to follow the rules for a long period of time!!!

FRUSTRATIONNNNN