need some accountability

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

need some accountability

Post by moderatemeals » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi -
I love No S but have overindulged recently so am going to track meals and general thoughts until I'm back on track.

Weight:120.8

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and toast with honey
Lunch: Peanut butter & honey toast, greek yogurt with almonds
Dinner: fish, rice, corn salad, fruit, green beans and some Ritz crackers

Success!!

Feeling much better after just one day. Even a little hungry as I type this!

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 am

TUESDAY: FAIL
wt: 117

Breakfast: egg on toast
Lunch: chicken & fruit
Dinner: 2 slices pizza & 5 ritz crackers

Snacks: handful of cereal and handful of popcorn

Today was technically a fail but I definitely didn't overeat or binge so it wasn't a huge fail. My lunch wasn't enough and then I didn't have anything healthy avail so dinner so we ordered a pizza. Nothing was really satisfying to me yesterday and hence the later night snacks. I'm just going to mark it and move on. Note to self that I need to incorporate more fruits and veggies because when I have those with my meals I tend to snack and overeat less.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:35 am

Ugh! What a terrible week. Complete and total binge today on chocolate chips this afternoon. I feel so gross! I think I am a complete sugar addict and once I get a craving and give in, I find it so hard to stop. I know that if I can get through 21 days of No S, pure vanilla style, it will be so much easier but I'm just having a hard time with it.

I'm going to stick with it but if anyone out there has any advice bring it on!! I'm going to just start fresh tomorrow and hope I can get a second day under my belt this week. Monday was such a great success and I felt amazing the next day.

Good luck to everyone else reading!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:50 am

Oh dear. Poor you. Just hang in there it took me loads of failed attempts to get really going. It will happen. Try to get a good green day under your belt today then there is a weekend to relax a little. Then set small targets, one day at a time. One week at a time. Then 21 days. I still have not made it to 21 days. But it is a life change and life changes need time :)
We are all on your side
Tessy

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:10 am

The only advice I can give is that the feeling of bingeing on the sweet stuff is way worse than resisting it. - although at the time of eating it, it doesn't feel like that! I've got a major sweet tooth but I have been doing No S now for nearly 21 days and my cravings have reduced a lot. I know cravings for sweet things are horrible but push though and trust me it's well worth it!! my work shirts are looser and I feel so much better.

A goal for example an event that is coming up may help to keep you on track?
You can do this, just push through :D
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 pm

thanks so much for the words of encouragement tessy and clarebear. I started a little journal last night and am going to log daily entries there. I put a calendar on the first page and marked out 21 days. Sometimes seeing the first goal in sight can be a motivator.

I really appreciate your encouragement and advice. Have a great weekend!

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Monday Aug 26 wt: 118.8
FAIL
Breakfast: scrambled eggs & toast w/honey
Lunch: Tilapia, pop chips & apple
Dinner: Grilled chicken, salad, chips, rice, corn and 2 rolls

Snack: pretzels

A frustrating day because I ate very healthy but right before bed I decided to snack on pretzels. I wasn't even hungry....it is just a terrible habit I need to break. I think I get overly tired and then just reach for something to munch on.But overall, a good day and I'm happy I didn't binge on anything sugary!