Loosing here, checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

losingforgood

Loosing here, checking in

Post by losingforgood » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 pm

So far, another green day :). Breakfast was a wawa hot bowl...steak and mashed potato after my workout. They wet out if eggs for the breakfast bowls. Lunch was scrambled eggs and veggies cooked in coconut oil with fresh garlic, salt and pepper, and provolone cheese. Now this might sound weird, but I added sliced banana since I didn't have any plantains. It created an interesting, yet delicious, Salty/sweet contrast. I call this dish a breakfast stir fry and will vary it depending on my taste. Yesterday I didn't have the banana but I added red hot crushed peppers. Yum!
I Corinthians 10:13-14; "No temptation has ceased you except what is common to man..."