Shovelglove Carnaval

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Marreta

Shovelglove Carnaval

Post by Marreta » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:36 pm

what if you have been doing shovelgloving with it even knowing you were doing it? at least i just called it sledgehammer training, never even knew it had a name.. i use it as a supplement to other types of gym and bodyweight training.. i just do it a bit differently, i hammer away at an old truck tire (watch the rebound, you have to control it up and down so you dont get hurt..)
Marreta you got that? In Brasil, it means sledgehammer!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:13 am

Welcome to the group, Marreta!

Yeah, I thought I had invented something completely new when I came up with shovelgove, but over the years it's become apparent that there is a lot of precedent, which I humbly and gratefully acknowledge. I'm grateful because while originality is nice, it's comforting to know that someone else has done something kinda sorta like this before (and survived).

Thanks for the portuguese lesson, and I look forward to seeing more of your compatriots here. You've got probably the most impressive martial arts tradition in the new world, why should it be otherwise with this?

Best,

Reinhard