Great article that supports 3 meals

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cedar

Great article that supports 3 meals

Post by cedar » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:09 am

Hi everyone,
I'm back yet again! I'm a long time lurker and always find myself returning back to this site and the saneness of No S...why I leave when it's working so well I can't quite understand..
I do it a bit differently..I follow 3 meals a day EVERYDAY but I can eat what I like at each meal..if I want a sweet with any of my meals then I can and if it's a special occasion then I can deviate from my normal 3 meals. It works so well for me..I went through the Christmas holidays losing a few kilos while eating really decent sized meals of foods I loved 3 times a day. I felt fantastic my clothes were loose and I feel, now looking back, I was at my perfect weight for me...then of course I decided to push it by skipping breakfast each day and only eating 2 meals and it just spirals from there..I even joined an online weight loss program ($149 waste of money!). I lost weight but it seems to trigger something in me and I do the whole rebound eating thing now my pants are tight and here I am back with the best way of eating (and feeling sane again). I think I'm addicted to the high of ' the next best thing' I really need to work on accepting that I'm not meant to be skin and bones..I'm a healthy normal weight and trying to push it lower only ever results in bingeing and higher weight. Anyway I found a great article supporting 3 meals a day..it's old so I'm not sure if it's been put on here before but it's handy anyway.
http://lifespa.com/dangers-of-frequent-eating/
there is also a video attached.
Enjoy!

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 am

Good article, and welcome back!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:40 pm

I really need to work on accepting that I'm not meant to be skin and bones..I'm a healthy normal weight and trying to push it lower only ever results in bingeing and higher weight.
Not exactly my situation but I too am working through the idea that this may be "it" and "it" is okay. The slow but persistent movement towards acceptance has proven to be pleasant because now I feel like I have time to focus on habits/behaviors/goals that I've pushed to the back for far too long.

Welcome back and good luck on your quest.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 pm

I,too,experienced backlash when my motivation was weight loss. Recently made some changes for other reasons and shaved off a little weight, but I'm keeping up the changes whether the weight changes or not because they have other values. I think No S has values far beyond weight loss.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi, Cedar! Good article. You sound like me. I'll be doing alright on no S, then I try calorie counting or intermittent fasting and end up bingeing and starting all over. Gonna try to keep it sane for the rest of the year. :D

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi, Cedar! Good article. You sound like me. I'll be doing alright on no S, then I try calorie counting or intermittent fasting and end up bingeing and starting all over. Gonna try to keep it sane for the rest of the year. :D

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 pm

yes, great article, thanks!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 am

That sounds like the promise I have just made to myself MaggieMae, to stick with this for 1 year..no more diets no more intermittent fasting just good old fashioned 3 meals a day -no snacking in between..and allowing for the odd indulgence. I feel like I need to tattoo it on my forehead!! I really admire Reinhard for not only creating this but STICKING with this from the beginning. :D

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am

Hi again! I remember I was doing something similar a couple of years ago - eating three meals a day, and my plates sometimes included sweets. Worked great for some time, until I decided it wasn't "good enough", and started dieting like a crazy person. Good luck!