Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
no peek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

[list=][/list]

Last edited by no peek on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
sharon227

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for posting! I'm on my 4th week, and it's really interesting to see how others are making the plans their own.

Very interesting idea you have about weighing every day but not looking at the number! I'm still struggling with what to do about weighing in. I tend to either weigh daily and calculate a 7-day moving average myself - that's when I'm trying to lose -- or stop weighing altogether and have my weight creep up. Wonder if I should think about a WiFi scale.

For now, I'm planning to weigh myself Tues-Thurs every other week, take the average, and hope that gives me a good idea of what's happening without making myself nuts.

Also like you, I'm not "overweight" BMI-wise. But I have a small frame, and a 24 BMI is way too much for me. I know what a great healthy weight feels like for me, and this is not it.

My goal is to lose a pound a month, which seems like it ought to be doable. Although based on my weigh-in last week, I suspect my first month will be a wash at best.
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome No Peek. Your mods sound like something you can live with long term. Good luck. Ladybird.
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome!!!

I like your mods, especially the weight. I think it would be perfect for me, and if you do not mind, I'm going to copy it (I have an Aria scale)

May you go great with No S !!! Smile
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, no peek.

S days were never meant to be free-for-alls for two days a week. They are a release valve. If you have a sense already of when you will get the most bang for your S bucks, go for it. You'll find out soon enough if it seems like you're asking too much.

I've continued to be very fascinated with this process (or maybe I'm just obsessed), but I do think it is supposed to become second nature, so don't feel any obligation to post much here. If it's fitting right in for the most part, ride off into the sunset as soon as you can!

If you have been restricting and then rebelling with S's a lot, you might actually have a slight gain after one month. Even if you do, it's likely a small adjustment somewhere will make the difference.

Have a great month!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
centrino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting mods! One of them I was thinking about too: no snacking on weekends too. If I’m getting three physically & psychologically (diet-induced food obsession 😢) satisfying meals, I’m happy to let go of all snacking weekday or weekends. But of course I can’t be too rigid with this or it will back fire (aka: binge!).

The other one I find very interesting and want to copy is: no sweets at home. Being a stay at home mom of two very small kids I have no clear cut distinction of 5 workdays and 2 off days. So the no sweets on N-days rule wasn’t really working for me. My husband has a sweet tooth and is always bringing home sweets and stuff. The problem is that when I’m too busy and then stressed out/tired/lacking sleep I start eating that sweet stuff stocked in the kitchen to feel better. Using this no sweets at home rule, I’ll know that I can’t eat sweets even if my kitchen cupboard has them.
Thanks for sharing.
no peek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by no peek on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dalia negra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that you're doing great.

Weight loss is fantastic, but the best thing is the freedom you are feeling about food. I feel very identified with what you say about the holidays, mine was always like that until the last I did (already with No S) and they have been different in that aspect and much much better.

You keep that good!
    oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the shoe fits. Enjoy!
    Jan/12-26.8
    Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
    Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: