Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you have a favorite coffee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Do you have a favorite coffee? Reply with quote

Do you have a favorite coffee brand and/or flavor? I am still trying to find mine. I can admit that I do enjoy drinking Folgers and Great Value...even though I shouldn't ...LOL
Angel1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I guess the people here don't drink coffee??? Very Happy
Sassyhay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Nespresso for me all the way... I don't know the brands you mention (or if they're instant), but I LOATHE instant coffee...! So I end up paying a small fortune for coffee capsules... Laughing
Angel1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't instant. I don't like instant coffee either.

Great Value is a WalMart brand coffee. Folgers is a widely known coffee brand in the US. I don't know if it goes by another name in other countries. People don't put much faith in WalMart's generic products, but I do enjoy their coffee.

I want to step it up a notch though and find a coffee that is noticeably better than those common types.
Over43

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Walmart convenience store coffee. .72 for 20 oz.

Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79
automatedeating

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink coffee Angel! Yes!!! I just am not picky. 2 cups every day. Currently we use Kirkland Breakfast blend Light Roast coffee. Keurig. Before that we just used the regular kirkland coffee in a coffee maker.
DellaBea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Keurig K-Cups ... Donut Shop is great
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried many k cups and the one I like best is McCafe breakfast blend. Its a light roast. I like it with just a splash of cream. Two cups a day and then in the evening, sometimes I'll have a green mountain half caff k cup. I can't stand decaf so this is acceptable and at least less caffeine that late in the day.
jenji

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink a coffee called Dark Star, but it's a local roaster. I have only seen it through my farm share.
Current weight 168#, BMI 25.9- 11/18/2018
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat yourself to some Peet's sometime. It's made in Berkeley, Ca. I think. My sister had me there one time on a visit. It's available at lots of places or online. We grew up in our house with my parents mostly drinking Maxwell House, or Eight O'Clock brands, or whatever was on sale. Worked in Mexico off and on a couple of years and liked their Cafe Combate brand.
Lady Crimson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Do you have a favorite coffee? Reply with quote

Angel1 wrote:
Do you have a favorite coffee brand and/or flavor? I am still trying to find mine. I can admit that I do enjoy drinking Folgers and Great Value...even though I shouldn't ...LOL

I don't understand why you shouldn't enjoy Folgers and Great Value. Don't let culture or advertising tell you what to like. If you enjoy them and they give you pleasure, then drink them. I used to enjoy Folgers and Maxwell House until I started drinking some of the other brands. These days I mostly drink the Aldis brand--they taste as good as the fancier coffees but cost way less. If there is no Aldis near you, then check the Sunday paper for coffee coupons and use them to test out other brands. You never really know until you try them. But as I said if you enjoy Folgers and Great Value, then there is no reason not to drink them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: