Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manfa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manfa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Manfa Reply with quote

So...after a very long time just reading through how it is going for everyone else, I thought it was time I committed to No S.

Like so many others, I am useless at dieting actually to the point where I don’t even start because I know I won’t be able to commit to it long term. My decision to start No S has come about because I saw a photo of myself over Christmas from the back and thought...hmmm....I’m a little bit wide! Lol I have never fooled myself about why I am overweight...I know it is because I eat too much!

I am a busy person and I don’t have any more hours of spare time for exercise. I swim for an hour twice per week and I try to walk as much as possible. Some weeks that can be a few miles, other times, much less. So, it’s even more important that I try to change my eating habits.

I am a UK size 16 and would like to get back to a 12 but I’m just aiming for 14 at the moment. I am hoping that I can cope with the slow weight loss as I didn’t put it on overnight so it’s not coming off that quickly (sadly).

So to start the check in, I weighed myself on Tuesday and started No S yesterday - a green day so a good start. So far so good today! But it’s only lunchtime so I’ll see how it goes!
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I humbly suggest, since you say you know you’ve been over eating, that you think of yourself as losing that rather than losing weight. Try not to watch the pot right away, though. Best to delight in your moderate meals and keep your attention on the rest of your life between them. “Hovering” over our eating is a habit, too. But it sounds like you may have been busy enough that that’s not your issue.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
manfa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly am busy but in the past but obviously not enough to not snack! That is definitely my problem and thinking of losing what I have overeaten (ie. my snacks) might be a better way to think of it, as you say.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always snicker on the inside when I hear people say they were too busy to eat. For me, it would mean I'd have to also not have access to food as it takes me just about no time to snack or beyond (and thus fail.) In fact, pairing rushing and eating was such a common thing that to this day, when I'm in a big rush, I can feel the urges to gulp something down. It was part of the excitement! But it's not the default anymore.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

ladybird30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Manfa Reply with quote

Welcome manfa.

manfa wrote:
I have never fooled myself about why I am overweight...I know it is because I eat too much!

Me too. I What I didn't know was how not to eat too much. NO S has given me the tools to eat moderately. I hope it does for you too.
manfa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s hoping No S can moderate it for me too!

Thursday - green day!

Feeling pretty pleased with myself as well because I had lunch at 12.30 and didn’t have dinner until 9pm because of husband working late....ate nothing in between!! Not quite sure how I managed that TBH....
automatedeating

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! that is amazing! Pretty impressive for a newbie. Wink

Welcome to the boards and to reasonable and sane moderation. Just like ladybird said, NoS provides tools (and structure) to help us moderate in a way we can feel confident, happy, and proud of ourselves.
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I find some days I can go for much longer than usual without much of a problem and other days, I'm on pins and needles.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/18 22.2

manfa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Pleased to report another green day for Friday. First S day is going ok so far...not too overboard. Still got the evening to go but I’m quite full from dinner so I think (hope) that will see me through to breakfast.
manfa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...my S days were not as heavy as I expected them to be, so that’s a positive. Now into my first whole week of N days. So far so good:

Monday SUCCESS
Tuesday SUCCESS

I must admit that I didn’t think posting on a forum would make any difference but the thought of posting a red day (which I know is inevitable) is keeping me going a bit!

Even though it’s only been a few days, I am already feeling less cross at myself because I am not snacking which though I enjoyed it at the time, would make me feel angry at myself afterwards for not having any self control!

Thanks to everyone for your support and all the other posts not even related to me! It helps me to stay focused!
Soprano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, sounds like you are doing well Smile

Jx
Bluebell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi manfa, I’m in the UK too, also a size 16. I’ve had many struggles with my eating over the years and am currently back here because NoS is the only sane way I have ever found of gaining control around food. I’m glad you’ve found it and wish you every success, sounds like you’re off to a great start. Smile
manfa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bluebell! I haven’t done No S before now although I have tried to cut out snacks before. It’s going (surprisingly) well at the moment.

Wednesday success

Weighed myself this morning and have lost 2.9lb since I started last Wednesday. Very Happy
manfa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday SUCCESS

Smile
Emmanuella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. Seeing all the green must put a smile on ur face! !
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, you’re off to a great start. Enjoy your weekend Smile
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manfa wrote:
So...my S days were not as heavy as I expected them to be, so that’s a positive. Now into my first whole week of N days. So far so good:

Monday SUCCESS
Tuesday SUCCESS

I must admit that I didn’t think posting on a forum would make any difference but the thought of posting a red day (which I know is inevitable) is keeping me going a bit!

Even though it’s only been a few days, I am already feeling less cross at myself because I am not snacking which though I enjoyed it at the time, would make me feel angry at myself afterwards for not having any self control!

Thanks to everyone for your support and all the other posts not even related to me! It helps me to stay focused!

Belated welcome. I believe that quote above is key to success for the most of us.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week two of N days done. Delight in ALL your food this weekend!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/18 22.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: