Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intelligent Dietary Defaults

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Intelligent Dietary Defaults Reply with quote

New podcast segment:

Quote:
Convenience is stronger than you are. Accept this fact. But with a little planning, the convenient thing doesn't have to be too awful. Case in point: 'optimize your oatmeal.'

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=23

(not no-s specific, but most relevant to No-s so I thought I'd post it here)

Reinhard
Ray E.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Very similar to what my business partner and I do at work for breakfast and lunch (if we're not entertaining clients). The dry cereal and oatmeal part is easy, but have our own refrigerator, so a can of tuna fish, mayo, with some fruit, veggies and nuts make a quick, convenient. Co-workers ask us if they can buy feed bags for us and make other snide comments, but it sure beats the chinese food and other lunch specials they have delivered!

Ray
Sinnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent podcast. I really liked this one.

I had an early lunch because for some reason my short workout left me unable to concentrate on work. So at 11am I heated up leftover oatmeal loaded with natural peanut butter and I couldn't finish it. It's been two hours and miraculously I haven't thought of food at all (I usually do).

Very fitting that you brought this to our attention today. I'm definitely going to start making it a daily meal (for myself, breakfast. I like the long cooking oats - only takes about 10 minutes which I put on the stove while I get ready. School doesn't have facilities to even pour hot water :S)
kccc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this podcase. I have "default meals" too - particularly for lunch and breakfast. Since I get bored, I have a handful that I rotate. (And one is oatmeal, lol!)

Really like the computer analogies - works very well. I wish we used more "intelligent defaults" in a LOT of places!
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you Reinhard, but if I had to eat oatmeal for lunch or even breakfast I think I would go crazy Laughing

P.S. If I ate oatmeal, I probably wouldn't have a weight problem
silverfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternative to oatmeal is a good, relatively low in sugar muesli (they are out there!). I add milk to mine and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. It doesn't make it hot or porridge-y, but it does warm it a little and make the muesli softer (and reconstitute the fruit).

I keep cereal and soups at work - we have milk in our kitchenette and I can buy a roll at a bakery to have with a soup. Good for the second half of the payweek, when I have spent the weekend having a marvellous time and have no money left!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: