Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metronome move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murphysraven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Metronome move Reply with quote

I was playing around with a new move in my routine tonight, as was wondering what other people thought about it.

I call it Metronome since in my mind it resembles the movement of the old timepiece.

I hold the shovelglove, with the weight up, my hands close together on the handle, about 1/3 of the way from the top.

This is not a move to be done fast! It should be slow and controlled. moving the weight to one side and them back to the other. I find it difficult since you have to make sure the sledgehammer doesn't lean to far to either side or forwards/backwards.

Not sure if this move would be beneficial to any muscle groups that aren't already worked by other moves, but its certainly different.

Feedback appreciated
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphysraven,

I like it... I've done similar things from time to time. A similar "challenge" that I occasionally give myself is to see how long I can simply hold the hammer above my shoulders, in whatever positions I please, moving or not moving. It's surprisingly difficult. Sort of like a boxer keeping his guard up for several rounds (except harder).

Reinhard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: