Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unbelievable Way of Eating for LIFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinnie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable Way of Eating for LIFE Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I don't post anymore; in fact, I barely check in. This is not because I don't think this is the most wonderful online support group I've been involved with. It's merely because life has taken over, I no longer struggle with my weight, and as such, I have no need, desire or even remember to visit weight loss forums (a former addiction of mine).

It occurred to me the other day that for the first time in my life, I am able to post a testimonial! I have never been successful, ever, before.

Where to even start with my story? I am a serial dieter with no results. Maybe a few pounds once in a while. Never significant. Nor did I have the worst weight problem, but I was a dieter and a huge binger. I truly had a life ruled by weight and food obsession. I was only borderline overweight because I'm short - approx 5'2 and at one point got up to 145 lbs. Still, I was unhappy.

Many, many times I tried No S with complete failure. I just didn't have the willpower, plain and simple. I couldn't cope with feeling hungry and just gave in all the time. Then I met my current boyfriend who has always eaten the No S way naturally. I decided to give it another try and he wanted to support me because he believes in this way so much. I got partially lucky, in my opinion, because I was able to latch onto his habits. Since we spend weekends together, there was now something to do and no more snacking took place. He always makes us eat a proper dinner at the table. Sometimes desserts. No snacks. It was easy suddenly because of him.

I now weigh 120 lbs. A very decent and desirable weight for my height. It seems to be still slowly going down. I have not weighed this since high school. I can't even begin to explain how this has changed my life. I am NORMAL and FREE of obsessions. I don't even think about "how am I going to lose weight for this or that" anymore. I just live normally! How cool is that!?!

This one thing that really astounds me is that I feel like I am eating more. The reason for this is I didn't used to allow myself three proper meals as I was always trying to "cut back" and take small portions, occassionally skip meals, snacked constantly so I wasn't hungry for dinner etc. But then I would binge. And binging never feels like a proper meal, it just feels like a screw up. Now I am always satisfied. I should mention it took a few weeks to cure of my "addiction" as my boyfriend called it. Not being able to get my snack when I felt like it was pure hell at first. Now I am used to it and the snack monster just went away.

I could really keep going on about the wondrous thing that is No S. I just love it so much. I used to hate shopping because it would depress me. Now I am floored when I fit into a size 4. I tell my boyfriend that it doesn't even feel like I had to do any work to get here. Just not eat snacks or desserts. Whamo. And I will be honest and tell you I constantly had indiscretions and still do. I am working on that. I always thought counting calories was the only way.

I have not been good with exercise. I'm starting to take up jogging but with winter coming it's not going to happen. I sometimes run up and down the stairs, or do pushups. I believe exercise can be done cheap right in your home! Skip, jumping jacks, stretching etc. I do enjoy walking.

That's it. Sorry for the length of this; I'm just so elated and thought I should finally share my story.

Best of luck to all of you.
Sinnie
vmsurbat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Thank you for your testimonial! I've been NoSing (successfullly) for almost a year and half. I concur that this is a great way to eat FOR LIFE.

Sinnie wrote:

This one thing that really astounds me is that I feel like I am eating more. The reason for this is I didn't used to allow myself three proper meals as I was always trying to "cut back" and take small portions, occassionally skip meals, snacked constantly so I wasn't hungry for dinner etc. But then I would binge. And binging never feels like a proper meal, it just feels like a screw up. Now I am always satisfied. I should mention it took a few weeks to cure of my "addiction" as my boyfriend called it. Not being able to get my snack when I felt like it was pure hell at first. Now I am used to it and the snack monster just went away.

Like you, I am also amazed at how much real food I can *enjoy* when I got rid of my "diet meal" mentality. I never binged, but I discovered (since beginning NoS) that I am a terrible "virtual plater." I feel satisfied with three decent meals a day; my old habit of taking small servings and then replenishing with more small servings never really satisfied and was my biggest (to my amazement) contributor to weight gain. Too much healthy food is still too much!

Congrats again!
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinnie,

Congratulations and thank you for posting this!

Quote:
I am NORMAL and FREE of obsessions. ... How cool is that!?!

Extremely! Smile

Quote:
I do enjoy walking.

That counts! More than any other kind of exercise, I think.

Quote:
Sorry for the length of this

THANK YOU for (very substantive!) length of this!

Best,

Reinhard
Ms

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sinnie,

I love this testimonial. Thanks so much for posting it. I am where you were, re hating to shop for clothes (I used to LOVE it!) and failing at NoS several times. But I will keep at it. Thanks again.
~reneew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this... in really encourages us!
Jaxhil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinnie, THANK YOU so much for posting this! This has to be one of the best testimonials I have read here (because I can relate to it so well!)

You are an inspiration-I am jumping back on the wagon, and your story is so motivating. I am glad , like Reinhard, that you made it long!! Very Happy

I can't wait to post my own testimonial Cool

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson
Sinnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome and best of luck!!! Never thought I'd be considered an inspiration Very Happy That's awesome!
Sammybunny711

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are SUCH an inspiration! I, too, am a shorty and I have always been just a tad bigger than I would like (topping at 145 as well). My goal is to be exactly where you are now Surprised) Hopefully my success will be as big as yours! Congratulations!
Goal Weight: 120-125 range

*^..^711
Sinnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for commenting Sammy! Very happy to see I am an inspiration Very Happy Keep going, you will get to your goal!!!
Sammybunny711

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinnie wrote:
Thank you for commenting Sammy! Very happy to see I am an inspiration Very Happy Keep going, you will get to your goal!!!

Thanks for your encouragement!
Goal Weight: 120-125 range

*^..^711
NoSRocks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY CONGRATULATIONS, SINNIE! THANKS FOR KEEPING US UPDATED ON YOUR FANTASTIC PROGRESS!!!
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs
jellybeans01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for posting. I was so encouraged because I struggle and failed so many times on this diet, but I know I will get it right. Your a true success story.
herbsgirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good testemonial! The part about you trying many many times to do NO S is like It says in the No S book, some people get it right the first time. Others it takes up to 12 trys to try to overcome their wieght problems. '

I think I am nearing 12 times of trying in general to lose weight soon! I have probably tried 8 or more times already, so it may be close to 12 if not already there. I know MANTIENCE NOT PROGRESS is a big key. If we focus on that, that is what will make it work long term> focus on the habit and dont worry bout the rest!

Even if we have to go a couple of months and not lose anything (remind me this later) the key is still keeping on keeping on with the habit. Those green colord days on my refrigerator is what really counts, not always what the scale says. Because if my calendar is solid green with S days, I WILL lose weight eventually, theres no doubt about that, it comes naturally with the habit.

If I would have been doing this for the last 5 years I have tried to lose weight and keep it off, I would be at my goal weight today! So if it takes me 5 years to get there, than so be it. (remind me this later)
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com
Sinnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, KEEP AT IT. Listen to me, I am telling you if you keep up no matter how hard you fail, you will get where you need to be.

I am still failing all the time (embarassing, but true). In fact, I rarely, if ever, have green days regularly. But I am always trying, and rarely binge badly if I do screw up. That is the key. But keep trying, and don't start overeating when you do mess up.

I am steadily still going down. I am hovering between 115-117 easily. It's amazing how this system works without much pain at all.

All the best everyone! Hooray for No S!
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinnie,

Great to hear no-s is still working so well for you. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Reinhard
Sweetness

Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for posting, enjoyed reading your testimony as a newbie, hope to be able to post one of my own in a few months time.
Patty Cool

Anxiety in a person’s heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky you found the support that helped seal the deal with No S, but whatever it takes! Glad to hear it's working even without perfection.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
gk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved reading this testamonial. Could really relate! Gives me hope that after trying multiple times there is hope that I can someday finally get this down and say good-bye to food obsession and bingeing for good! Thanks so much for posting your success story! Congrats! Smile
Sinnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!

Last edited by Sinnie on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: