Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aim the Spear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaaclyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Aim the Spear Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I've got a little too much imagination, so I pretend I am a medieval warrior when I shovelglove. Feels awesome.

I've invented a few moves that I really enjoy, and hopefully you will too. This is the first, called Aim the Spear. Please excuse my somewhat eccentric style. I think the shorter video and melodramatic voice are somewhat easier to sit through than...some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWOT3kVKRg

The move is pretty self-explanatory. Essentially, it's Flip the Lever, but you hold the hammer the other way (so the head is behind you). Swing it up, and when it is horizontal (or pointing slightly upward), push it a little higher and make a face like a Spartan. It's just like you're aiming a spear or javelin, to throw at a charging enemy.

I recommend you do not actually chuck the shovelglove. Mine is 10 pounds.

I'd say this is a fairly light arm, shoulder, and core workout.

I have a couple more moves, but I'm waiting to post them until you guys tell me if this is any good, or if I just look like an idiot.
botulf2000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the "dramtic reading", it helps to set the mood.

And a small variatin (that I'll try when doing "Aim the spear" in my training) is to imagine holding a shield in the other hand, and to keep the shield/hand between myself and the imaginary opponent.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! I like the facial expressions, too. Must be a crazy good workout for your cheek muscles. Smile

Please do post more stuff -- I'll stick this in the movements registry page when I get a minute later today.

As for the melodrama -- encore. "Acting," even when you're doing the movements relatively straight, is a big part of the appeal of shovelglove. It gets your interest involved, and perhaps even, in some cases, other people's.

Reinhard
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Love the tongue in cheek approach Reply with quote

The dramatic reading, setting the scene, performing the move with facial expression... that was fun.

I'm wondering how Aim the Spear would work if you followed through into a spear throwing leg position? I'm going to give it a try. with a light hammer.
menachem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: I enjoyed this video Reply with quote

I enjoyed this video, especially the voice over. Have you made any more videos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: