Chippie's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Chippie&co.

Chippie's daily check-in

Post by Chippie&co. » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:09 am

Let's see, its been almost a week since I checked in.
Wednesday- sick- not only 'no s' but no food.
Thursday- Crystal light lemonade, lemonade, more lemonade....
Friday- more of the same
Saturday- S day
Sunday- S day
Monday- Actually eating food- Success I guess
Tuesday- Feeling better- Success
Wednesday... today .... totally recovered and there fore had an insane urge for something snacky. I FAILED- probably should have wasted it on something better than South Beach oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, right?

Today marks two weeks on this plan..... Its getting easier. Hubby has been good. He cheated only once int he two weeks. Had one of those fruit snacks we have for the kids.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 am

Great news Chippie and Co!
LOL..
Glad to see you guys are feeling better..
PS.. Beware.. Those fruit snacks are cavity makers big time!!!
If you let your kids eat them, as I did when my son was a toddler, you better make sure they(and hubby, LOL) brush their teeth very well..
Richard had eight cavities by the time he was four years old..
Then he had to have oral surgery and all these crowns etc. put in his mouth.. It was a really traumatic experience.. The dentist explained that the snacks just stick to your teeth like jelly beans would..
He recommended chocolate instead, as it melts.. And of course brushing well..
After we cut those out, he didn't have any cavities in following years..

Again, congrats on your great two weeks!
Peace,
8) Deb