Linda's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lpearlmom

Re: Linda's daily check-in

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 am

Thank you bunny!

Today was a little crazy. Sweetpea had a HUGE meltdown & things got ugly. Maybe the stress of all this finally getting to her. We made up & i took her phone away as i think she needs to just quiet her mind for a few days.

So weird this whole quarantine thing. I saw some of you post about this giving us all a much needed break. I feel this to my core. Of course i wish it wasnt under such tragic circumstances but it is a lesson for us all. How much to we all really need to be running around all day. Going going going. How many of us can work from home actually after all. It even occurred to me that maybe HS should go online with all school violence we now have. And the earth is taking a big sigh of relief at this much needed rest. If we could all just back off a little and calm down, Mother Nature might have a chance. Also, looks like we could help more ppl than we think we can with lost jobs and missing mortgage payments that we are now forgiving. Even student loan debt. It feels like everything just reached a tipping point and we are learning there’s a better way. I wouldn’t trade the lives that will be lost for these lessons but maybe some good can come out of this tragedy.

It’s interesting how ppl are still trying to pull me into social obligations like virtual happy hours and 6 ft apart coffee dates (in her backyard). It must be the extroverts that need this cuz im like “im good”.

Overate a bit today but not worrying about it. Back on track tomorrow. Haven’t weighed in a few.
💜💜💜 Please no body or food shaming. Eyes on your own plate. 💜💜💜

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Sammybunny711

Post by Sammybunny711 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:02 pm

<3 <3 <3 Love this.
Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 192
Current Weight: 190.6
Goal Weight: 125-135 range

*^..^711

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

I told my Katie yesterday that this will give us all some perspective: what's really important in life?
Day 1 - 03/09/20: 209.6 pounds
Day 29 – 04/06/20: 199.8 pounds

Fasting ratchets down appetite.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:07 pm

It’s really true Kathleen. I don’t know what’s going to happen but i ate all my feelings yesterday. It’s just a very scary time. I dont know what’s going to happen but there’s a good chance that Jon will get covid at some point. There’s a good chance someone i know will die from it. There’s a good chance that i will get it. Hopefully I will not die. Interesting to see ppl go through the different stages with all this denial to acceptance. Unfortunately i think our president is still stuck in denial or maybe anger after he lashed out at that reporter yesterday who was trying to get some reassurance or hope for the American ppl. Luckily a lot of the mayors and governors are stepping up.

Yesterday doc said there is a covid case at his hospital. Things are getting real. Finally convinced my family the importance of staying home. Poor sweetpea is missing her bf. The governor finally shutdown restaurants & bars. Schools have been shut for over a week but he says he won’t do a full lockdown which is a dangerous decision. We need a national lockdown as we are on the sane trajectory as Italy.

Wow, what a depressing post. I dont feel depressed though. Staying home is heavenly for me. I think it’s made a lot of us introverts realize how unhappy we’ve been making ourselves by forcing ourselves to be more social than we really want to be. I don’t understand these ppl saying they’re going stir crazy but then again we’ve got a large house on a large piece if property so it’s probably just my privilege talking. 🙂

Yesterday i deep cleaned my house for the first time in a long time since I had to tell my house cleaner not to come for awhile (I'm still paying her though). I actually kind of enjoyed it and i guess the girls were inspired because they cleaned their rooms and did laundry without being asked. 😳

Ive been walking the dogs every morning but really need add more exercise so will need to figure something out. We did order a treadmill but that wont be coming for a bit. I did write myself out a daily schedule to try to give some structure to my days. It seems to be helping but oh boy am i drowning in laundry. Time to get on that!

I ate a ridiculous amount yesterday. Goin* to face the music and weigh before things get to off the rails. Heres what I remember eating (don’t judge me).

Avocado, smoked salmon, bran muffin, 2 smoothies,
2 pudding cups, chips and dip,
veggie burger,
a lot of chocolate chips, 2 skinny cow ice creams, 2 glasses wine.
Ugh.

I think i need a consistent fasting schedule so I'm going to try to stick to 19/5 from 3-8 pm for awhile.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:01 am

Hi Linda,

Hang in there! I think your governor is wise not to have shelter in place. Our governor closed a lot of places where people congregate, like bars, restaurants, museums, schools, and theaters. What I am seeing now is that businesses are voluntarily moving people home and stores are voluntarily closing. The Mall of America, for example, shut down. If people feel like they have options and aren't in a police state, I think they are more complaint.

Kathleen

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:02 am

If I may, I posted a couple of links to blogs on the general discussion page that deal with combatting the thinking behind crisis/stress eating.

Big hugs having Doc on the front lines. A doctor friend of mine lives in WA for part of the year. He is in insurance, and usually is involved in other stuff, data analysis on doctor/hospital visits to improve programs, etc. I texted him asking if his duties had changed. He said he has COVID-19 coming out both ears, mostly about securing care for customers. He's in Utah now, his other base. He keeps his cool better than just about anyone I know but I could tell he is rattled.

But shutting down so many businesses and schools for possibly months rattles me, too. Death may not be imminent, but problems from these tactics could lead to other health problems, many serious or even fatal, farther down the line. I agree with one NYT commenters that it seems our major issue is not having testing easy to do. Without that, we're stuck with blunt instruments. I am complying, and was pissed off the few minutes i went out by a non-food business open, a gem shop, of all things! But there were no customers, either.

I affirm you'll get into the best eating mode needed soon.
Count plates, not calories. Three a day. 9 years & counting
Age 65
SBMI Jan/10-30.8
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:10 am

I guess Kathleen. We shall see. I wish everyone would take this more seriously. I haven’t left the house since Thursday. The reality of all this really hit me hard today. Doc is at serious risk of getting covid. What if he doesn’t survive? So scary but he says he’s not worried. He says he’s being very careful. Im glad he’s got tomorrow off at least. One less day of exposure.

But i can let fear get the better of me. Thats no way to live. Just going to hope for the best. On the positive side, I feel like this has been very good for our family. I realize how much happier we are all when we’re not constantly going. We have more patience with each other when we’re not exhausted at the end of each day. Rosebud has been helping me more and even made herself an omelette. Kind of nice not worrying about getting my hair, nails and lashes done. So much more free time. Maybe i can let go of some of that permanently.

My eating went really well today which is good because my weight is up. Hopefully i can stay on track for awhile. No exercise though.

21/2
Dinner: salmon, mixed grains, broccoli, glass of wine
Dessert: skinny cow ice cream, handful of chocolate chips

I ordered food for the week from hungry root and really liking it. Dinner only took 10 mins and everyone enjoyed it. We’ve definitely got a lot of food in the house. No chance of starving anytime soon! 😊

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 am

Oh that’s funny oolala, i think we posted at the same time. It’s definitely an uncertain time for all of us. Wishing you well and you were right about me getting my eating under control (at least for now). Going to check out those posts.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:41 pm

Staying home is heavenly for me. I think it’s made a lot of us introverts realize how unhappy we’ve been making ourselves by forcing ourselves to be more social than we really want to be. I don’t understand these ppl saying they’re going stir crazy
I am so with you on this. And we don't have a large house or a large property, but my privilege is that I live in the suburbs near to some nice green spaces for walking. Also I am healthy and able to walk without pain and enjoy my time outside. I feel extremely fortunate right now, and thankful for all that I have.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3; 8/14-24.5; 5/15-26.2; 1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6; 8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9; 3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8; 1/19-23.4; 2/19-22.7; 3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 am

I’m so glad you’re finding this downtime beneficial too auto. I wish i had access to a green space. My doggies would love it. We are both fortunate. I would hate to be stuck in a tiny apartment right now.

Im definitely learning a lot about myself like how much i do out of some sort of weird obligation or need to prove Im important by constantly being busy. I hope that i can carry these lessons with me if we survive this crazy time. It feels like the world is ending but all we can do is soldier on.

Today was really nice though. I decided to take a SM and news break. We went on a family walk and then i made waffles. After breakfast we worked on a puzzle for pretty much the whole day. So nice.

Eating was calm today too. Thank goodness.

19/5
165.5 lbs
21.5% fat

Lunch: bowl of beans with corn chips, cheese & s cream
Snack: yogurt and an apple
Dinner: shrimp & broccoli 🥦 stir fry , glass of wine
Dessert: a chilly cow

Walked dogs 🐕

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Sammybunny711

Post by Sammybunny711 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:17 pm

Hang in there! This is a scary, uncertain time, but all we can do is take things one day at a time and try to make wise decisions. You've got this!
Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 192
Current Weight: 190.6
Goal Weight: 125-135 range

*^..^711

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Your day sounds peaceful (despite the ever-blowing storm around us). And your meals today struck me as .. happy? fun? I'm not sure what word I'm looking for - it was just a feeling. And then you mentioned the food was "calm". Good word! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3; 8/14-24.5; 5/15-26.2; 1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6; 8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9; 3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8; 1/19-23.4; 2/19-22.7; 3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:10 am

Thank you bunny and somehow im still feeling calm despite everything. Hopefully they’ll have an antibody test out soon & we can see whose immune.

19/5

Snack: bran muffin, banana
Dinner: veggie chili, chips, 1/2 glass wine
Dessert: apple, tangelo

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi Linda!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Sounds like you are doing pretty well despite these scary uncertain times. A news break is such a good idea! I think its why I have been spending more time on this board. Social media and news are extremely stressful right now. Taking time out to concentrate on self-reflection and personal health seems like an ideal way to spend time now.

edit: I also wanted to say that I really agree with you about the much-needed break, and the abilities we are seeing right now for student loan forgiveness, etc... I hope we do come out of this seeing that there is a better way.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:11 am

Thanks for stopping by hippie! Yes, those SM/news breaks are so helpful.

Today was good. We ordered a treadmill with the ifit coach program & we are all pretty excited about it. Will be great when it’s 110 out. We decided to put it in the play/art room that nobody really uses so i spent the day clearing everything out. Luckily doc wasnt there because we have very different approaches to projects like this. His way is to just take everything out in my swoop and deal with it afterwards. That makes me crazy. I like to go through each item and figure out what to fo with it as i go so there’s less chaos on the other side. Also, i got rid of about 90% of the stuff which I don’t think he would have gone for but the rest of the house would be way too cluttered otherwise. I gave most of it away, threw a bunch out and sold a couple things for dirt cheap.

Anyway im almost done and then we are going to paint it, put rubber flooring down and line the walls with mirrors. We’re also going to mount a tv in there. Yay!

I haven’t weighed in a couple days for no reason in particular.

19/6

Snack: 1/2 muffin, pita chips & dip
Dinner: grilled salmon and shrimp, bread, potatoes
Dessert: sorbet

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:34 pm

What an amazing, fun, exciting project!! I am thrilled for you! I even have an additional suggestion - put in some of those ballet bars! And a pull-up bar! OMG if it weren't for social distancing I would want to visit and see your in-home gym!
Month/Year-BMI

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks auto!! I loooove your ballet bar idea and i bet doc would enjoy a pull-up bar! It’s pretty exciting. The only problem is my car is full of stuff for charity but all the charity shops are understandably closed sooooo i guess they’ll be there for awhile. Ill try to put pics up on instagram if you follow me there. ☺️

Today was good. Gotta a lot done although the house is still a bit chaotic. It’s not as stressful as normal though because i know ill have plenty of time to get it done. Also, don't have to worry about someone dropping by. I saw a few friends today as i was dropping stuff off or they were picking stuff up. We stayed a good six feet away but it still made me nervous. I really just want everyone to stay in their homes for 30 days straight but i know thats no5 realistic.

Im not sure why but I've had this sudden urge to get a puppy. Ive even been looking on the internet a bit. I know we should get a rescue but i really want another shitzu. She was a rescue but they’re not easy to find. Im not sure why the sudden urge but maybe it’s because menopause is upon me. We shall see.

Speaking of dogs, poor Tessa could really use a trip to the groomers. I did wash her but shes a bit matted and her bangs are too long. Shes so dang cute though when shes all floppy looking. It wasn’t bad washing her and i realize i actually enjoy doing things like changing my sheets and mopping our floors. Usually the cleaning lady does that stuff but ive told her not to come for awhile. I guess im learning to be more self sufficient. I even bought some hair dye and false eyelashes. I think im going to just go super platinum blonde Or something for fun. I told rosebud I wanted a pink streak like she has. She just rolled her eyes at me. ☺️ I wonder if i dont need as much help as i thought i did. I guess the key will be saying no, no, no to obligations so i have energy to do stuff for myself. Geez when i look at it that way, it’s pretty clear im sacrificing my own happiness to please others. That really needs to stop.

Soooo im experimenting with a new idea. I realized that i really miss having breakfast esp after I workout but i could care less about lunch so im going to have a one hour breakfast window in the morning and then have a 2 hr dinner window later. Im also doing a 10 day (or longer) sugar detox because its really gotten outta hand.

167.5 lbs 🤦🏼‍♀️
21.5% fat

Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: tuna melt, baked chips, apple
Dinner: beyond burger, strawberries, glass wine

Walked dogs 🐕

Update: we got a pup!!!!! Am I crazy????

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi Linda!

I saw that you have a Shih Tzu, so do we! Ours is 12 years old this year though. She wasn't a rescue, but was from a groomer who bred only one litter a year and all her puppies lived in her house. She is the best dog ever. Although yeah the grooming is so much work! I shave her when I can and she looks pretty funny. It's definitely not for looks. It's hot where I live so I think she appreciates it. We also have a 3 year old basset hound and they get along pretty well. Their size disparity is funny though as our Shih Tzu is tiny. She is about 7-9 pounds.

It sounds like an interesting fasting experiment. I love lunch so much that I don't know if I could ever skip it. Please let us know how it goes!

What kind of pup did you end up getting?

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 pm

Linda, I'm waiting with bated breath to hear all about the new pup addition!

Pinkie - your pups sound like both calm dogs! I have an Aussie (HappyHerder) and a black Cocker/Golden retriever mix (Flowerpup) - lots of excitement in my house. :-)
Month/Year-BMI

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 pm

automatedeating wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Linda, I'm waiting with bated breath to hear all about the new pup addition!

Pinkie - your pups sound like both calm dogs! I have an Aussie (HappyHerder) and a black Cocker/Golden retriever mix (Flowerpup) - lots of excitement in my house. :-)
Auto yes! I got sloth dogs for a reason! I am sadly very lazy. My husband always calls me a lazy feline (In a loving way) because I love to lay around. I did tons of research before picking out our breeds. The basset was a lot of work when he was a puppy but as an adult, he pretty much just follows me everywhere and lays at my feet, and will sometimes half-heartedly chase a rabbit. The only excitement is when he bays in his sleep... at 3 am! It's pretty funny though.

I love Aussies and Golden retrievers, such beautiful dogs, but I can't keep up with them! :)

Linda, I am excited to hear about your new pup too!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:49 am

That’s funny hippie, sounds like we have a similar dynamic. We have our 20 lb Shih Tzu and then our 100 lb wolf hybrid but they get along great and yes they’re low maintenance. i give them their mile walk each day & they're pretty much good to go for the day. I do admire your tremendous energy though auto and know your dogs appreciate it.

Okay anywaaaaay, i couldnt sleep last night so was up all night researching different breeders in the area and found one that i felt was doing all the right things, had all the right certificates and no red flags. They only had one puppy left though so i emailed them and then texted them first thing in the morning.

She got back to me and said the puppy was still available!! It’s a female imperial Shih-Tzu with a charcoal coat and soooooo darn cute! I was beside myself with excitement when i found out we could have her & so excited to tell the girls. They were still asleep however so i kept checking on them like every 5 mins. Rosebud has been wanting another dog forever and when i told them, she was practically in tears. We pick her tomorrow night and can’t wait to meet her.

Also the playroom is coming along nicely and doc liked the ballet bar idea so thanks auto!

My weird eating schedule was perfect and hoping I continue to like it.

165,5 lbs
22%

Break: 2 veggie sausages, smoothie
Dinner: dal bowl, cheese & crackers, wine
Dessert: fruit & yogurt

Soooo tired !
Last edited by lpearlmom on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Wow a 100 pound wolf hybrid! That is great they get along! Awww your new puppy sounds adorable! I'm so excited for you!

That is great that your new eating schedule is working for you!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 am

So exciting! I can't believe it! So cute how you kept checking on Rosebud. I'm sure the puppy will go a long way to helping your girls (and you!) find some serious routine every day, haha! :-)
Month/Year-BMI

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm

:| Thanks you guys! She is such a doll! We named her cupcake kiwi. She’s really good so far although she did pee a couple times on the girls new carpet. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Boy do I regret not putting bamboo flooring in their rooms.

Tikka (wolfdog) and Tessa (Shih Tzu) are doing fine with her. No aggression at all despite cupcake trying to play with tikkas big fluffy tail. Tessa is mad at us though i think but hopefully will get past it.

Ack ipads about to die. More later!

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Congrats on the new pup! So much fun for your family during this time. I hope you have as smooth a transition as you can, and enjoy the chaos! :)

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:32 pm

"Enjoy the chaos!" That's a good way to put it, Alene! There are times in our lives when we have chaos for awhile, and we want it to be happy chaos if possible! :-)
Month/Year-BMI

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:10 am

Yes it’s definitely chaotic between the remodel, the new puppy and trying to help the girls transition to their new online school, but am hangin in there. I swear im utterly exhausted but feel like i didnt really get anything done today. Cupcake is such a doll but poor tessa is so mad at me. She’s giving the cold shoulder and got snippy with the puppy today. She didnt bite her or anything but definitely got mad at her. Every night when im getting ready for bed, i call her up her little staircase onto my bed then i tell her what a good girl she is. Well tonight when i called her up she walked right past me and laid down on her bed on the floor. With her back to me to top it off. Ive been walking her and trying to give her extra attention but shes still pissed. I guess i cant blame her. I hope she comes around. :/ Tikka is super chill with her though.

Boy, the hardest part of this social distancing im having is pressure from other ppl. My friend wanted to do a 6 ft apart coffee date in my backyard. Our neighbors wanted to do a driveway happy hour in our driveway and jon made me go to lowes with him today. Maybe ppl are just sick of their houses but really i dont want to have outside contact unless I absolutely have to. Im trying to stay home all of April except for the one trip to the vet i have to do.

Im not very good at saying no so this has been a growing process for me. All of this has made me realize what an introvert i am. Im not shy but need long periods of alone time to recharge my batteries. I dont think i really respect that need in me enough and am more social than i really want to be.

Anyway , love the new eating schedule but dont think more weight will come off anytime soon. I don’t care though for now.

21.8 percent

Break; avocado toast, yogurt, fruit 1 veg sausage
Dinner: bowl of chili, coconut water
Dessert: yogurt

Walked dogs 🐕

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Linda, that's tough about people pressuring you to get together, even with social distancing. It will be good practice for you to speak your mind and hold your ground. You can always do a Zoom chat. I'm doing a Zoom happy hour with some friends this weekend. :) I'm sorry Tessa is so mad at you. :( I bet she will come around. Have a good day!

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Our shih tzu was pretty unhappy when we brought our new puppy home, but she did adjust. She was a cranky old lady for a while but now they will lay on the floor together and she doesn't want to go outside without him. Tessa will probably just take a little time.

I am an introvert too! Like major. I am really happy not to have to go out. My stress has actually gone down. (barring coronavirus stress)Permanent knots in my neck are gone. I guess I don't do social interaction very well! lol, it takes a LOT of my personal energy, and like you, I don't think I had quite realized that about myself before.

We have had a lot of pressure from family to visit them and it has been tough to stand firm, but we have been. They are just not taking it as seriously as we are, and the girls wouldn't be able to stay six feet away.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:05 pm

I am an introvert too! Like major. I am really happy not to have to go out. My stress has actually gone down. (barring coronavirus stress)
DITTO!
Month/Year-BMI

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:33 am

I guess we are a bunch of introverts! 😁 Im listening to the Introvert’s Way and am really enjoying it. It’s giving me the courage to say no to social engagements which is hard for me because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. The author gives two mantras to help with boundaries that im finding really helpful—“Not my problem” and “not my responsibility “. I ended up telling my neighbor that I wasn’t comfortable with doing the happy hour at this point and he was totally cool with that. Later, i started worrying that he would think I didn’t like them (i do). I stopped myself though and realized his feelings about this are not my problem. Not in a mean uncaring way but just in a way that let’s me let go of the worry.

Then my friend texted me to see if i wanted to do a video chat book club. Normally i would have said yes without really checking in with myself to see what i really wanted. The good thing about texting is you can pause and think about your response. This is what I did and ended up saying, “ that sounds fun, maybe after things calm down a bit over here.” She understood & we chatted about something else. Still i kept thinking about texting her with book ideas which probably would have sent mixed messages. I didn’t though.

Later sweetpea was just in a foul mood & angry about not being able to see her bf. My usual response is to feel offended by her anger that seems to be partially directed at me but I paused and realized it’s not my problem. This is something she will have to come to terms with on her own. Is it my responsibility? Her feelings about it are not. My responsibility is to keep her safe which what Im doing. Phew, boundaries are tough.

On the plus side I did have a virtual happy hour with Doc’s family which was really fun. I guess when you say no to the stuff you don't want to do, it helps clarifies what you do want to do.

My weight is up. I guess ill blame it in quarantine eating, but trying to get back on track. A little burnt out in fasting so just starting back at the bare minimum and will try to slowly shorten my window.

Puppy is sooooo cute and doing good although a lot of work. Thank goodness the girls are helping so much. She’s still waking a night and having accidents but thats to be expected. Tessa is doing a bit better with cupcake but I doubt they’ll ever be bffs.

Yesterday:
12/12
168.2 😭
21.5%

Break: oatmeal & fruit
Snack: popcorn, cheese & crackers
Dinner: coconut shrimp, rice a roni, smoked salmon on crackers, margaritas
Dessert: fruit & yogurt

Exercise: walked 1 mile, 10 sit ups; 10 squats.

I. Trying not to go to the grocery store for all of April. They say the next two weeks are going to be very difficult and it’s really important to stay inside.
Last edited by lpearlmom on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:40 pm

That sounds like a great book! Or did you say it was a podcast? Good for you for being strong and thinking things through. Big progress! The virtual book club does sound like fun! :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi alene! it’s a book but I’m listening to audible.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 am

Tough day. Doc isn’t feeling well. Fever and body aches. He will get tested tomorrow. Trying to be calm but don’t think I’ll sleep much tomorrow.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Oh Linda, I so hope it comes back negative. Sending positive thoughts and love your way!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Hugs, Linda.
Month/Year-BMI

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Oh my Linda. Can he be home to sleep?

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks you guys! He is home and feeling much better. He’s being extra cautious of course because he doesn’t want to get his patients sick.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:27 pm

So he says he feels completely better and his doctor doesn’t think he needs a test since he doesn’t even have a fever anymore. Id think they'd want to test him just in case, but i guess not. I was convinced he had covid and even dreamt about it. I imagine they’ll be more of these scares to come, but seems like we’re in the clear for now.

Yesterday:
13/11
21.7 percent

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit & nuts
Snack: handful of chips, a couple of crackers, bite of brownie
Dinner: falafel with hummus, coconut water

Walked 1.5 m (In my house).
20 situps, 20 squats

Ive been taking morning duty with the pup so haven’t been taking the other dogs for their walk. Hopefully, we can get back to it soon though.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/19-163 lbs
7/19-176 lbs
1/20-163 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:41 pm

That is good news! That puppy will force your attention away from worry!

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm

I am so glad to hear that your husband is feeling better. These are such stressful times to have a fever or not be feeling well, especially with him being in the health care field. Great news!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Great news Linda!! Yes, I am really surprised they didn't test him. I would want to be tested if I were him.