Sometimes

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rungirl96

Sometimes

Post by rungirl96 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm

I was just reading the No S website about the "sometimes" that Reinhard left out of the book but was in the original web plan. It has a link with a thread of posts about "sometimesians" and "alwaysians" that I thought was pretty funny, and helpful.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2784

I've been thinking about my weekends, the past 4 that I've had since starting on No S and I'm realizing that the "sometimes" is giving me too much freedom. I have to remember that Reinhard says "don't eat like an idiot". I do that on the weekends. I know most of it is my mindset, because I look at the weekends as having no rules. Shoot, by Friday night I'm already excited about getting up the next morning to eat!

I guess I'll see how it goes this weekend not having an S Day at all. It's worth a try to see if it works better for me or not. I just know I won't lose any weight if I continue to eat on the weekends like I have been.

"That feeling of hunger is the feeling of fat being burned". Saw that on a one of the threads on this site.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Thu May 03, 2012 3:29 pm

You're not taking an S day this weekend?
I hope you do! Just to keep from feeling deprived and letting it come back to bite ya!

Take care. Love that quote about hunger!
Liz

rungirl96

Post by rungirl96 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:59 pm

I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it. I just know I haven't done well this far with my weekends and I feel lousy on Monday morning. Like I have a food/sugar hangover. I've listened to the Podcast on S Day modification of 1 snack, but it's the sweets that I have a big problem with. Maybe I'll try to just have one S Day, Sunday?

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Some people have tried having S 'events' rather than whole S days, that could limit the opportunity to eat badly if you are worried. You could plan for 2/3/4/etc. times in a day where you have a snack or sweet or second helping. So if you had two portions of chocolate cake after dinner, that might count as 2 S events.

Maybe experiment with it, and see how it works for you, but be ok with having a free for all S day if that is what happens, at least at first while you are getting used to trying to restrict S day eating! Personally I think you should never count an S day as a 'fail', but you could count it 'green' if you stick to plan.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 03, 2012 6:54 pm

lbb (Liz) wrote:You're not taking an S day this weekend?
I hope you do! Just to keep from feeling deprived and letting it come back to bite ya!

Take care. Love that quote about hunger!
With the exception of major holidays, I don't take S days anymore. That's not to say I don't snack or have sweets -- but it's events, not days. Actually I allow myself one S daily. If I don't use it, it's gone. Most are "gone."
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Thu May 03, 2012 8:24 pm

I would really like to get to the point to not use S days and only events.
In fact, I'm torn because tonight is my friend's bday party and we're making crepes with a bunch o' people.
Technically they'd be desserts.
I need to decide what I'm doing.
Because if I decide to NOT have one, I could also feel deprived, come home and either have a backlash tonight or tomorrow.
On the other hand, i don't love crepes much anyways and it would be an easy S to let go of.
But I hate being anti-social. And let's be honest...all NoS is helping us do is making a WAY OF LIFE that is HEALTHY and GOOD.
I'm making this more complicated, but want to go in with "eyes wide open", ya know?
Thanks for the idea about S EVENTS. That may be my way of the "future".!
:D
Liz

rungirl96

Post by rungirl96 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm

If you don't LOVE crepes then I wouldn't have one just to be social. Not eating one will probably be a bigger deal to you than anyone around you. I get put in those situations at work a lot. I found the less I focus on it the less everyone else does too. Maybe if you don't make it a big deal you'll feel fine about not having any, not feel deprived?

I don't know if S "events" will work for me. I tried just having one dessert on Saturday evening a few weeks ago but then all I did Sunday was eat sweets. That's why I think I might just be better off having one S day where I don't think about how much, how often, etc. I don't do moderation well :(