I'm assuming that s days.........

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jellybeans01

I'm assuming that s days.........

Post by jellybeans01 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:38 pm

mean an occasional second or snack or sweet instead of all of those. Two day of reckless abandon could not be good. I exercise hard and could never do that.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I think some people do all of the above and others do as you say. It varies depending on our goals and what fits our life best.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Urban Ranger

Post by Urban Ranger » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:35 pm

When I very first started I did go a bit . . . well . . . hog wild. That lasted a few weekends, maybe a couple. Then they were far more moderate. Mostly, my S days are like my N days but we have dessert after supper and sometimes I do my lesson planning at the bakery or something. Hog wild, though, didn't last long.

ironsickel

Post by ironsickel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm

wosnes wrote:I think some people do all of the above and others do as you say. It varies depending on our goals and what fits our life best.
As wosnes says, different strokes...

I am not naturally athletic, i Have a LOT to lose and its been a daily struggle to do exercise.

However, I've been losing quite nicely with NoS and am very happy with it.

My response to S days is...if I want to, i'll eat like I used to every day. Possibly a little less.

In comparison to my N days, I do feel like i'm really packing it in. However, I am enjoying myself, don't feel guilty about it. And i've lost 25 pounds or so since starting in July. Plus, i used to eat like this (and probably worse) 7 days a week so only 2 days is acceptable to me at this point.

I'm well aware, at some point, I will need to adjust my weekend behavior as well, but haven't felt the need to do so and, while i'm using a pretty liberal interpretation of the S day rules, I'm still sticking with Vanilla NoS.

Urban Ranger

Post by Urban Ranger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 pm

ironsickel wrote:[ And i've lost 25 pounds or so since starting in July.
Wow! Wonderful for you, Ironsickel!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 pm

There are a wide range of approaches.

Here are two seminal bulletin board discussions on the subject:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=759

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2784

I'm of the "everything is permitted" on S-days school, myself -- though (generally) far less is desired than in my unreformed pre-no-s state. I do still have some individual over the top S-days, but it's not a big picture problem so I don't worry about it (a system of moderation with no room for occasional excess is not truly moderate).

Reinhard