Lunch Ideas?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lorelei

Lunch Ideas?

Post by Lorelei » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

I am currently in what I would call a "lunch rut." When at work, I have been buying lunch out almost every day for the past few weeks. I would much rather bring lunch from home (for several reasons). Unfortunately, I am just plain bored with the things I would normally make. Nothing sounds very interesting. I would love to hear what my fellow No-S-ers are packing for lunch. I need help! Thanks so much. :)

Here are some ideas I've used in the past (besides sandwiches and frozen entrees):

-Greek platter: stuffed grape leaves, cucumber slices with tzatzkiki sauce, olives, feta, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, crackers

-Fruit and cheese platter: several varieties of cheese, crackers, apple slices or grapes

-Can of soup (easy and mindless) with a piece of fruit

-Mac & cheese, tuna, & peas (1 package of Annie's single-serving mac & cheese, cooked with small amount of frozen peas. Mix in a small can of tuna). I have this with a piece of fruit.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 am

Your lunches sound great.

It might be worth having a look at the Intelligent Dietary Defaults thread, because a number of people have posted lunch suggestions:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1732
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 pm

I think your ideas sound good! The only difference between yours and things I used to take to work is that I make all of mine from scratch. It doesn't take much longer to make macaroni and cheese from scratch than it does to make Annie's (or Kraft's) -- and it tastes so much better! I made soup in the slow cooker once or twice a week and have that nearly every day for lunch. I vary the fruits and vegetables that I have alongside.

I've also done Greek platters, only I use hummus instead of stuffed grape leaves (not one of my favorites).

If you have them, leftovers make a good lunch, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for the great ideas! The intelligent dietary defaults thread was a wonderful resource too. :)

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:40 am

www.justbento.com
I actually discovered No-S through the forums there.
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist