Slightly off-topic: Shangri-La Diet?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
kayvan

Slightly off-topic: Shangri-La Diet?

Post by kayvan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:53 pm

Anyone here have any experience with Seth Roberts's Shangri-La Diet?

---Kayvan
Last edited by kayvan on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:46 pm

We share an (excellent) editor. Besides that, I don't know a whole lot...

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2140

My uninformed suspicion is it's mostly placebo effect, but I don't want to knock the guy without having done any homework (nor do I want to do the homework, so I'll just shut up now). Any hey, if convincing placebo effect does the job, fantastic.

There was a post about shangri-la a while ago in the No-s forum. Not sure how whether the poster's enthusiasm lasted, but the systems are quite compatible if you want to hedge your bets.

Reinhard

kayvan

Post by kayvan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Thanks, Reinhard. I read the other thread and private-messaged the original author. I'm looking for a way to kickstart my weight loss for the last ten pounds.

I've been religiously sticking to my shovelglove routine and my 3-5 times of cardio, including some HIIT style sessions on the elliptical. I am visibly muscular now and feel very fit, but I want to lose another ten pounds while continuing with my exercise routine.

The idea of this "hack" to my metabolism appeals to me.

Best regards,
---Kayvan
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.