Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

summer reads
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lili M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very bored these days, so can someone suggest some good winter/holidays reading. I have read No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series by Alexander McCall Smith and someone suggested reading A Song of Ice and Fire series (A Game of Thrones). But I think It will be too heavy for me.
Grammy G

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: winter reads Reply with quote

I just had a great time rereading all..yep..ALL the posts on this site. We really had a great thing going! There are still a few books I want to read for the suggestions here.
I am still a reader and still on the prowl for good books. Looking forward to suggestions.
If you are a reader and haven't been to this topic..go back to the beginning and be ready to take notes. There are so many great suggestions here.
Let's see if we can get together some reading for snowy days!
Over43

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading A Gentleman in Moscow. I was lead to believe it was a Bond like novel. Not really, but the main character, Alexander Ilyich is a protagonist I like, and the book has had no major antagonist other than the nameless Bolsheviks/Communists. The book spans about 40 years.

If you get a chance, enjoy.

Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: