Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For those struggling to stay on the bandwagon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnightgiggles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: For those struggling to stay on the bandwagon Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie here! I was reading through some of the posts in the forum and some of you mentioned struggling to stick with the rules. I’ve struggled with this as well, but I’ve managed to find a system that has really helped me stick with it and I wanted to share it with all of you to see if it would help.

It’s called the ‘X effect’ - basically, it’s a 7x7 grid (7 days for 7 weeks), and for everyday you follow NoS, you put an X in the corresponding square. If you stick with it, you may find that you want to follow it just so you can fill the squares in (I’ve certainly found this myself).

I’ve managed to follow it for 3 weeks now without breaking any of the rules, which is a personal record!

PS if you want to know more about the X effect, it has its own subreddit where people use it to install habits they’d otherwise have trouble doing.
Soprano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to the habitcal on this site Smile

Jx
ladybird30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an excel spreadsheet where I put in y or n for compliance plus notes about any difficulties. After more than 2 years, it's just part of my daily routine.
But it wasn't until I started reporting the weekly success/failure to the forum that I really started seeing a difference. Perhaps one day I will feel I can do without it, but that day hasn't come yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: