Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas for satisfying healthy winter lunches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soprano

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Ideas for satisfying healthy winter lunches Reply with quote

Soprano wrote:
I've recently been having salads with a handful of mixed nuts and some unpasteurised cheese. I've really enjoyed it but not sure it will hit the spot during cold winter months..

Jx

automatedeating wrote:
Yikes, good point. What will I do in winter when I crave warm foods? I'll have to find a "winter work lunch" default.

So what do you all do for lunch in the winter?

I'm thinking I could have my breakfast porridge for lunch and maybe toast and egg for breakfast. Problem is I'm sure some of my success is the lack of bread and carbs in my lunch which I haven't missed while it has been warm.

I work full time so need something easy to take with me

Soup might be a possibility
Jx
cedar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soups are great with a boiled egg or 2, or a nice warm roast veg 'salad' with some protein. Also stews and curries are great to have a big pot of to take a bit to work and warm up.. good luck😀. Im heading into summer over here so I'm starting to enjoy salads, wraps yogurt etc..
sharon227

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for soups! I especially like lentil or barley soups. I usually add a slice of whole grain bread, or make it a cup of soup and half a sandwich. Or I'll cram some salad and/or fruit on the plate with a small chunk of cheese along with the cup of soup.
Cynthya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Crustless quiche? Reply with quote

I’m planning to make soups on the weekend and package for my lunches at work. Also, this recipe for crustless quiche is wonderful and adaptable to whatever you like — I use Swiss cheese, onion and bacon for quiche Lorraine. Use heavy cream and it’s low-carb. You can reheat it gently in the microwave for a work lunch. I add some raw broccoli and ranch dressing, or a small salad. https://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/crustless-quiche/
Cynthya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Crustless quiche? Reply with quote

I’m planning to make soups on the weekend and package for my lunches at work. Also, this recipe for crustless quiche is wonderful and adaptable to whatever you like — I use Swiss cheese, onion and bacon for quiche Lorraine. Use heavy cream and it’s low-carb. You can reheat it gently in the microwave for a work lunch. I add some raw broccoli and ranch dressing, or a small salad. https://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/crustless-quiche/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: