Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to get back on this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aikigypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Time to get back on this Reply with quote

Hello folks,

This is my first post on this forum. I found NoS back in mid-2017 and lost about 8 pounds in about 6 months. I didn't go whole hog, but stuck with the more important parts of the plan, which for me meat no sweets and no snacks. I ate as much as I wanted at meals. Also I mostly didn't snack on weekends.

Well, I gradually started eating more sweets and snacking more again, especially in the last couple of months, which meant I gained another 5 pounds, bringing me back to my starting point of 150#.

I'd like to get back to my pre-kids weight of 135-140#, but was pretty happy earlier in the year and last year with being mostly under 145#. I know these aren't dramatic numbers but when I get up around 150 I start to notice a lot more back pain, so it makes a significant difference in how I feel.

About a year ago I also started experimenting with a lightweight version of intermittent fasting, by having no food (or milk in tea) until dinner time one day a week. It helped the back pain (inflammation, I guess), felt good and seemed to help keep off the weight, but I stopped doing it as regularly in the summer and now I'm not sure about getting back to it.

Anyway, I just wanted to join in here because I looked back and discovered that yes, this "No S" thing has been the most effective diet I've done yet, and I want to get back to being more consistent with it.

ETA: I'm a woman in my late 40s, living in the US.
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aikigysy. I found a lot more success with No S once I joined the forum. It helps with the habit reinforcement.
aikigypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ladybird. I definitely feel like I could benefit from some checking in/accountability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: