Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whosonfirst's Check In & Exercise Log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oolala53 wrote:
Very impressed with consistent exercise and 80% compliance. You are so far ahead of the game compared to the average bear! That would be me.

Oolala, don't be so hard on yourself. You've been like a standard bearer on here. EVERBODY has relapses, including moi. The successful people pick themselves up and carry on. I've been somewhat lucky in that I've never been one to binge, except maybe on Oreo cookies and Reece's peanut butter cups as a boy. As to my consistent exercise routine, that has been my mental therapy over the years. Crank up the rock or even jazz and do your thing. I hope you're enjoying your new retirement.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've been having trouble with my hip joints, but I know I could do SOME movements and we both know consistency is the major factor.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosonfirst wrote:
1/1/19-Tues(Happy New Year)
early a.m. Five Tibetan rites x 21; walk later, missed yesterday, it rained all day. Did start doing Sun Salutations yesterday in p.m. -my flexibility is pretty bad it seems.
New Year's goals:
Walk every day @> 95% success rate.
Get my NoS compliance rate above 80%; biggest failure is occasional snacking. I'm planning on removing my goal weight from my sig line, since it's not even a secondary or tertiary? goal any longer. Will continue to use fruit as a mod when needed.
Continue to improve on accoustic guitar. By end of year, I want to learn the following songs: Blackbird, American Woman(electric), one Chuck Berry song(electric); and Anji(this seems like the biggest stretch). Very satisfied with my improvement this past year, my two year starting point will be in April with a few months off after shoulder work.
Try to get my dear wife doing a daily short walk, even if it's just to end of our dead end street and back. She's the one who actually got me interested in walking when I gave up jogging. Will be more difficult than learning Blackbird.

1/5-Sat
early a.m. Five Tibetans; I dialed back the reps to about 14-17 from 21. Decided trying to endure pain in my wrists wasn't worth it. Hopefully they adapt again.
p.m. rain stopped finally,so Gus and I did his walk much to his delight. This past week on NoS, being a short Holiday week was hit and miss. Need to stock up on my fruit mods to make it succeed. I had intended to add reducing coffee consumption on year's goals. That would have been a big bust this past week.
1/6-Sun
a.m. Walked Gus abt. 1.5M- p.m.-Five Tibetans, couldn't get motivated for them right out of bed this morning. So far I've learned the intro, first line of verse and ending of Blackbird, not perfect by any means.
1/15-Tues
no walk or Five Tibetans today. first walk missed in about a month.
Lunch was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, chicken and mushrooms. Dinner was roast beef, carrots & baby potatoes done in crock pot, one of my favorites, two slices of day old french bread with it. Hope to get Tibetans done tomorrow morn, been fighting off cold, unfortunately gave it to my wife:(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: